131 Main - Dilworth
1315 East Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
131 Main - Dilworth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.131-main.com/
- Phone: (704) 343-0131
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wine
A word from 131 Main - Dilworth
We define Fresh - 131 MAIN offers fresh food and an inviting setting to meet friends, family and business associates. Join us for lunch or dinner and enjoy a welcoming atmosphere and unique offerings. Stop by today to discover a new favorite!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
131 Main - Dilworth - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
131 Main - Dilworth reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)romantic (43)special occasion (42)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (29)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (12)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Even if for nothing else...ShibuiDined on 11/15/2014Go to 131 Main for the banana cream pie for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday 11-14-14BCChuckDined on 11/14/2014Food was delicious. Seafood and asparagus cooked just right. Waitress was very good too but should have timed our order entry better. She checked on us the right amount. However, the food arrived far too quickly, before my salad arrived. Blamed on the kitchen being "on top of their game". When the waitress checked on our entrees we told her no salad had arrived. It was offered then (after part way through my entre) or as a to-go box for later. We declined that. Did not have a chance to order more drinks because we felt rushed though there was no shortage for seating. The manager addressed the issue, apologized, offered desserts and we happily just took coffee. We did have to ask for a refill though, it was so good. The waitress brewed a fresh pot for our refills. I noticed at check out the manager did provided an unrequested discount for the problems. Thank you. All in all, we will be back as it is just such a nice place with great food. We will coach the waitress next time to be able to give a perfect rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 131 Night OutVocothDined on 11/14/2014Dinner at 131 was pleasant, the service was fast and courteous and the food was well prepared and tasty. It is hard for me to characterize it as a dining establshment -- the menu is not "foodie", the ambiance is more neighborhood (Dilworth) than anything else. It seems just a comfortable place to eat with a menu with prices that provide both a convenient price range (burger to steak) and caters to a range of palates.Special Features:
- What happened?uptownCLTVIPDined on 11/9/2014131 hav changed the menu & many of my favorites are missing. Service is usually great, but this last waiter left a lot to be desired. He was slow, difficult to understand and inattentive. A real let down !!
- ScrumptiousLuvtoeatDined on 11/8/2014We ordered ribs and bbq chicken. Both were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love131MainFoodie22Dined on 11/8/2014I love 131 Main! You all pay attention to detail and are always on top of everything! The food is unbelievable! I love the salmon app and the kale salad and quinoa salad...just to name a few. The atmosphere is sublime. Overall a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014Although 131 Main is in the heart of Charlotte, I found traffic acceptable during rush hour and experienced no trouble parking. The dinner was outstanding -- we had the "Dinner for Two."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Waitress did a great job explaining the menu. It was our first visitSpecial Features:
- Consistently greatBeachygirlDined on 11/1/2014First time visiting Dilworth location. Did not disappoint. With reservation we were tucked in the back and received top notch service. Portions are large and the food is excellent. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FreshSheareeVIPDined on 10/31/2014Spur the moment dinner choice was really good. I had the trout with grilled asparagus. Which I had not noticed that veggie before. I'm really happy because they tend to have limited vegetable specials. Last night was cold green beans. BTW, my trout was huge! My other half had crab cakes with fries. The fries are always a huge bowl. So I tend to eat some of them. Everything was fresh, perfectly cooked, with great service. We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant!LoveyDined on 10/20/2014We love going to 131 Main, the food is excellent, the service is great and the prices are reasonable. The corn bread is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite in CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Getting the cornbread as an appetizer is one of the best decisions you can possibly make. It comes hot in a skillet with honey for drizzling. I love this place, and would recommend it to anyone for a fun (slightly fancy) night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate our life events at 131BountyDined on 10/10/2014131 Main is a staple in my wife and I's restaurant cycle. It was the restaurant of choice when she got her promotion and it was our restaurant of choice when our parents first meey one another. The ambience is perfect for intimate conversation and the menu is varied enough to warrant choice for everyone who dines there. My go to dish is the Danish Baby Back Ribs which never disappoint. The rack of 12 ribs comes with a peanut and ginger slaw and shoestring fries. 131 Main also has a deep and robust wine collection that allows for delicious wine parings with all the different varieties of foods they have. 131 is definitely worth your time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatfoodDined on 10/10/2014Shrimp and grits are wonderful! Great service! A little noisy as we came early in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Cornbread. Ever.StuffedVIPDined on 10/7/2014I had been to 131 Main on Rea Road a few years back and have been interested in returning to the Dilworth location but the fire kept me from visiting. I live in the University area so returning to the Rea Rd location is not desirable. Finally had an opportunity to dine in Dilworth this past Tuesday and was really impressed with the food. Amazing cornbread. I had the Ahi salad and I'm not a big fan of cabbage but i ate almost the entire salad. Wow. Impressive. Staff was great too. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great soy-marinated ribeyeTallFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014I previously reviewed this restaurant on another website after some disappointing service, but I had an excellent meal there this time around. My date specifically requested this restaurant, otherwise I probably wouldn't have gone back. I am incredibly glad I did return, because our dinner was delicious. Service was much better this time around as well. I won't hesitate to go back again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday LuncheonShutterfan6Dined on 10/2/2014Met my daughter-in-law for lunch during the week. We were very pleased with the 'Gluten-free' menu as my daughter-in-law follows that type of food. The ambience was very relaxing. The waiter was very attentive and took good care of us. The only complaint that I had was the sun was reflecting off of the cars passing by on the street and blinding me. We were sitting in a booth on the side of the bar. The booths were very comfortable but if you were facing the front of the restaurant the glare from the outside at noon was unpleasant. I could see there were no shades to pull down so I did not mention it.Special Features:
- Got upsold and great serviceHughrayVIPDined on 9/30/2014Went in for the Awesome Roast Beef Sandwiches but got up sold to the 2 for 72 dinner deal. Lot of food and good too. Even included a bottle of wine. One of the ribeyes had some fat. Nothing out of the normal but the waiter insisted on giving us a voucher to return later. Not necessary but super thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We love this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone! The food is always top notch, service is excellent, and ambiance is sleek but comforting. A definite favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good meallinrobinson1Dined on 9/27/2014I've loved 131 for years. Although it's still a good spot to et and drink with friends it's a little tired....Don't get me wrong, I'll continue to frequent the place. It just needs an update or something new to bring back the fun.Special Features:
- Surpassed Expectations!kdalphaDined on 9/26/2014This was our 2nd time there and it was incredible. We were seated fast on a busy Friday night, food came very quickly. Server was one of the best ever had, very attentive. Food was AWESOME! Best Shrimp and Grits ever had. We eat out on a nightly basis. This will be a restaurant we put into our weekly rotation when out of the Southpark neighborhood. Ambiance was perfect. Felt like we were on a special date. Could not have been better! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swf3Dined on 9/22/2014We have eaten at this restaurant many times before. The food was not nearly as good as usual. Hoping this was a one night problem. Great service.
- "Hidden" chargesJessiedDined on 9/20/2014Overall good experience. Wait staff seemed a little dazed at times. Example:Took our 3 credit cards for 3 separate checks and literally was gone for about 15 minutes. We didn't see him at other tables and was flustered when he came back. Food was good. Most disappointing thing was that there are NO free refills on iced tea! Who charges for tea refills? Maybe for soda refills but tea? I finished 1 glass and didn't even ask for a refill (as I had water too) yet after we were all finished eating, the waiter strangely brings me another glass of tea. I didn't really want it so I wasn't going to drink it..until I saw the bill and realized I'd been charged another $2.50 for it! We were in a hurry and waiter had disappeared again so we left.
- MaryVIPDined on 9/20/2014grilled artichokes + crab cakes + Metropolis salad = 131 Main StreetSpecial Features:
- great atmosphere, food and service!nicklovestoeatDined on 9/14/2014I reserved for my wife's birthday at this Dilworth location, which we know quite well. The food is great, and the service as well. Obviously with the Panthers game going on, the place was completely empty and quieter than usual. Which I was glad for, since I generally have a problem with the noise level especially at the other 131 Main location in Blakeney. One additional advantage is the easy parking. Consistently, 5 stars!Special Features:
- Good ExperienceJDPMDined on 9/7/2014All in all, we had a great lunch at 131. Food was excellent and service was good. Prices are a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2014After a busy Labor Day weekend just wanted to have a nice Monday evening meal with me, my husband and daughter. The meal plus tip for the three of us was $175.00 which was outrageous for what we got. The food was good - no problem - but we asked for bread and were told we would have to pay for it - so we were served steak and salmon with no bread!!! Also - we chose the salmon which was the special and the salmon on the menu was $23 but our salmon was over $30 - also our waitress was like a robot reciting everything but no warmth or welcoming feel.Special Features:
- Great IdeaLarryDined on 9/1/2014Met my wife here for evening meal and we were very happy with food. Service was slow at first but became much better as evening went on . Will go back!Special Features:
- Great start...bad finishDateNightDiners2Dined on 8/30/2014The start to our meal was good. The appetizers were tasty and well presented. Before we finished the salads were dropped off so we felt a bit rushed. I had to ask the server to take the menus off the table when they dropped the salads off. Salads were good. Three of the four ordered the ribeye. No one's steak was prepared as ordered. Mine was the most over cooked. I ordered medium rare and it was medium well. The manager brought a new steak and waited while I cut into it. Again medium well. Her response was to ask me to cut into it in a different spot. The managers were concerned and attentive the server was not. Overall disappointed. We've eaten at the Cornelius location and had an excellent time. We'll pick that location next time.
- Great Meal with matching serviceSheareeVIPDined on 8/30/2014I had a single crab cake entree with fries & added slaw. He had a half rack of ribs with the same sides. We were both starving. So this was a perfect place. Not at all crowded this time of the day. Food as always great tasting. My only complaint...I could have sworn I smelled cigarette smoke. Yet, there is a no smoking law in NC inside restaurants. And no one was smoking outside to have brought in the smell. Very odd. But the food was still good.Special Features:
- great lunchSheareeVIPDined on 8/17/2014We chose to split a full rack of ribs with an extra side of fries. As always service was great & meal perfect. I always enjoy dining here, specifically this location. The parking can be a bit tricky certain times of day. But the service is great. It's always clean. And this location using open table!Special Features:
- Did not receive my pointsAlliVIPDined on 8/16/2014I did NOT receive my points for this dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pushy servicelingo14Dined on 8/11/2014I had not even finished my first course when the waitress (trainee in company of two waitresses) appeared with the main course. As I struggled to finish my salad, she simply dropped the plate with the main course onto the corner of our table . . without any comment . . . and all three turned their back to us and left. - Extremely impolite and unprofessional. - I reviewed the incident with another guest and he agreed. The staff is untrained + far too pushy - impolite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/Friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Great food and staff was very attentive. My wife and I had the dinner for two. Great value if you plan to have wine with your dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome food & great ambiancepurplepalaceDined on 8/1/2014Everything on the menu is delicious! I love the baked chicken and the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerbankgirlDined on 8/1/2014We had a 7:45 pm reservation and had to wait until 8:10 pm to get seated. They gave us lunch menus by mistake. The waitress gave us the wrong bill and it was much less than ours. We were honest and told her to rerun the bill. The food was good but the mistakes took away from itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff could not be nicer or helpfulJim3Dined on 7/31/2014Great professional service. Very friendly and knowledgeable about good details and drinks. Good was wonderful. Bar staff also super attentive. Ambiance is a plus factorSpecial Features:
- Great option for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014They had a great menu option "for two," which included a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate 29worthyprimeDined on 7/27/2014Celebrated my sons 29th birthday @131. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. Heard a lot about the cornbread which was great, but my prime rib was absolutely amazing. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining at 131 Main-DilworthFranceneDined on 7/27/2014I dined at the South Charlotte location a couple of years ago and decided to give this location a try. We were a group of six, and I wanted to make sure there was something to meet the needs of everyone's palate (one person was gluten free). 131 Main did not disappoint. The food was seasoned and prepared just right and the portions were to our liking (not skimpy, but definitely enough to fill you and perhaps have a little doggie bag). We went during Charlotte Restaurant week but this place will go on our dining choice list for anytime dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.