123 Bolinas Road
Fairfax, CA 94930Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.123bolinas.com/
- Phone: 4154885123
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner Hours: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: 123 Bolinas offers private farm fresh catering, focusing on local, sustainable and organic ingredients. Private wine tastings can also be arranged.
- Entertainment: Ambient music played
- Special Events: Groups are welcomed, including birthdays, anniversaries, wedding celebrations, and parent socials.
A word from 123 Bolinas
Located in the heart of Fairfax, California, 123 Bolinas is the perfect eco-friendly spot for relaxing and unwinding with friends while enjoying seasonal, local fare. With sweeping views of Bolinas Park from floor to ceiling picture windows, the concept is a collaboration of four friends who combined their individual expertise to create a space perfectly suited to entertaining. Each week, Chef Jeremy Goldfarb creates a mouth-watering menu of original farm-to-table creations. The friendly and knowledgable serving staff can help you choose a new favorite from an extensive beverage list featuring wine and beer from local producers who focus on sustainability and artisan style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
123 Bolinas reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Worst restaurant experience everJonny7VIPDined on 7/12/2014Worst restaurant experience of our life! First course was 4 string beans, 1 fennel shaving and 1 beet for $15!!!!! One entree - a pizza - took 60 minutes and 5 requests to arrive!!!!!!!! Table was never cleared. Waitress was out to lunch - while we were trying to have a nice dinner. Rude and indifferent. Will never return!
- The following 19 reviews are from the 123 Bolinas reviews archive.
- Food and ServiceYumyumDined on 6/5/2014Food was fine although the cheese plate with nutes was skimpy with no extras. Pizza was good but nothing over the top as far as specialty pizza. Server recommended the Galette, only the Galette, ordered the Galette, "we ran out" at 6:45...really? Our server was nice but seemed annoyed to take our order. We were a small party and he wanted to take one order at at time...strange. Awesome vib here regardless.Special Features:
- Fairfax!GItalyDined on 5/9/2014Excellent food and nice space. I like sitting at the high table or bar to eat. Some good, reasonable wines.Special Features:
- The menu is great for nibblesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2014The menu is great for nibbles while enjoying wine with friends. This is a neighborhood gem that Fairfax is lucky to have, serving a host of local and organic ingredients. The wine list showcases many local and sustainable wineries. This spot, however, is not the place for a nice relaxing dinner as the menu is limited to small plates and only a few larger plates. Also, the seating is not the most comfortable- stools at low tables and bar stools. The noise can be very loud later in the evening too. But overall, a great place to enjoy a glass of wine with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairfax FindfairfaxfoodieDined on 3/22/2014Fabulous food and ambience in Fairfax. Casual, yet elegant with fresh, artistically crafted food that pairs perfectly with the wonderful selection of wines & beers. Service is relaxed, yet the staff is knowledgeable and there right when you them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/1/2014123 Bolinas is fun and loud - a good spot for a glass of wine and a quick bite, but not really comfortable or conducive to enjoying a full dinner. The menu is limited and the "large plates" are pricey for what you get. The seating is family style on backless square benches, and in my experience, they crowd too many people around each table. So, your night will definitely be influenced (positively or negatively) by the strangers who get seated with you. It's a risk worth taking for a pre- or post-meal glass of wine, but not an experience I plan to repeat for a sit-down dinner.Special Features:
- There is a small food menuMarinMuncherDined on 1/31/2014There is a small food menu with enough choices for a light dinner as well as interesting wines. Most wines are available by the "smidge" (1/2 glass) or a glass. The smidges make it easy to build your own flights. The cheese board had a selection of three cheeses, bread and almonds. All were good although it was heavy on the blue cheese. The angel hair pasta with prawns is great if you like hot dishes, with chili flakes and lots of prawns. 123 is quite small so when it's full it's pretty noisy. It was an interesting crowd ranging in age from late 20s to late 60s. The seating isn't the most comfortable in the world due, I think, to the small space they have. Our server was friendly and attentive. All in all, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun date nightColmanDined on 1/18/2014This place is so fun for a date night! Great food to share and hip ambiance. Only wish the seating was a little more comfy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun happy placejgmkskgDined on 12/7/2013I love the energy of the place. Delicious inventive foods and good beer. One knock is didn't have enough beer varieties. Unfortunately, the first 3 tap beers I chose, were out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not quite there... poseur...kimmycDined on 11/10/2013we were "greeted" with a rude, sour puss with a major attitude. I asked for bottled water since I don't enjoy drinking fluoridated water and was told "this is it, it's filtered... take it or leave it" wow... rude....A customer should never feel intimidated asking for something ESPECIALLY when asking for something as benign as bottled water... couldn't taste much since I don't like to eat unhealthy foods that I would never buy myself. They use a blend of oil that has canola or soy - any restaurant that wants to call itself great, needs to understand that foodies who are also health nuts don't eat soy and canola oil.
- Completely ignored!DekeVIPDined on 11/9/2013Sat for over a half an hour in the center of the place and only water to entertain ourselves. I've been here a few times and the service was harried but this was inexcusable. Got up to leave with my "waiter" at my shoulder and he didn't even register that we were walking. I know that being a server is a tough racket butIf you can't even get my drink order in half an hour you should find another line of work! Too bad, the food and wine here is good. Went down the way and had some so so wine with great service at Gestalt haus.
- Wine and Food Pairings to Die ForOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2013Absolutely love this restaurant for their ever-changing menu of local, organic, expertly cooked small plates. Fabulous flights of wine in addition to pairings suggested on the menu, or by your server. Excellent service most of the time, except this visit. Our server was not only "too busy" to give my party good service, but was quite rude on more than one occasion. Very surprising!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the varied dishes,Dipsea99VIPDined on 10/23/2013We enjoyed the varied dishes, service was superb, and the wine options worked well with the food. Pizza was great as was crab slider, other plates also tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Group SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2013We had a great time with a group of 5. The food was very good - particularly the Korean fried chicken - and the wine was great. The seating is a little awkward - we were at a low table with benches. It wouldn't have worked for someone with a bad back. The service was fine, nothing spectacular, but fine. They were very busy and the ambiance is boisterous. We will be back.Special Features:
- 123 BolinaslalaDined on 8/2/2013I love this place -- the simplicity of the modern decor, the attention to details, the flowers, the extensive wine list, that fireplace... BUT I do have a quibble. We ordered the cheese and meat plates recently, and I have to say the portions were pitifully tiny. I mean TINY. There were 3 of us, and the salami slices were paper thin (and there were few of them.) There were minuscule portions of cheese slices, small slivers of toasted bread. It was mostly just crumbles of one pungent cheese. We had taken a foodie friend visiting from Boston there; I'm afraid she (and we) were underwhelmed. Disappointed, and we likely won't be ordering food there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Insanely Loud. Food and serviceOT3000dVIPDined on 3/16/2013Insanely Loud. Food and service were good, but the noise level in here is just absurd.
- This is really a wine bar,yumyumDined on 9/9/2012This is really a wine bar, not a restaurant. The tables and seating make for very uncomfortable arrangements. The menu is extremely limited. However, the food is very good.Special Features:
- A Bar with nice food selectionMichaelVIPDined on 8/4/2012This is a bar with a nice menu selection of small plates, snacks and larger plates. Wine list is great. You can sit at the bar or at a number of tables.Special Features:
- Great Wines & shared platesFooDeeVIPDined on 7/6/2012Loved it all- very creative and unfussy. Keep it going on folks!Special Features:
- With some polish, it could shine!..IndaknowVIPDined on 3/2/2012123 Bolinas is new to OT, we made a reservation yet no table was set aside for us - and they have open seating, sort of communal with a large table in the center ::: The seats/stools are hard and backless, not particularly comfortable seating ::: The wait staff was busy and seemed hurried, we would not call it a relaxing experience ::: Nobody to guide us in their wine selections (it is a wine bar!), nor in the food options, rather it was more of a fend for yourselves, grab a server and place an order and wait ::: Loud and chaotic ::: The wine we tasted was good, we shared a pizza and an order of Latkes with smoked salmon and pickled onions - both done very well ::: We like the concept, comfort needs improving and a little staff training..