121 Restaurant and Bar - Oxford
7 Juliano Drive
Oxford, CT 06478Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
121 Restaurant and Bar - Oxford
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.121oxford.com/
- Phone: 2032620121
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryan Gilmour
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Charlene 2032620121
A word from 121 Restaurant and Bar - Oxford
121 Restaurant has been serving the Oxford and the larger western New Haven community since 2007. The use of organic and sustainable products guarantees our dishes represent the freshest quality available. Patrons can often view small jets taking off and landing as the large open space faces Oxford airport’s runway and taxi-ways. The restaurant’s modern ”airport themed” décor contrasted against its “American favorites” cuisine, will have the most reserved diner soaring to new heights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
121 Restaurant and Bar - Oxford - Best Restaurants in Oxford ›
121 Restaurant and Bar - Oxford reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (28)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (8)romantic (8)hot spot (8)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Always deliciousFoodie1121Dined on 10/18/2014Very rarely that you find a restaurant that is consistent. This restaurant is. I have gone here several times and have never been disappointed in the food, service, etc. My only small criticism is that it is difficult to have a conversation. It is very noisy but in an energetic way. Watching the plane take off and land is very cool.Special Features:
- Wonderful food near Oxford airportChuckDined on 10/15/2014Have been there many times, with my wife, my family and with a large group for a special birthday and the staff and chefs have beaten my expectations each time. Great specials each time, wide range of choices. The views are spectacular, especially now with the leaves changing and the active airport. Would recommend highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014There are just no words other than unbelievably exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014food was great but had to wait a long time for it. Waited over a hour between salad and main course.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey unless u go during the weeknancykinctDined on 9/19/2014This was the first time that I went to the 121 Restaurant and Bar in Oxford that was not a Tuesday - Thursday night. Going during the week allows you to have a three course meal for $19.99. We were very surprised that a side salad was $9 for basically lettuce. The food is very good and were lucky to get a window table to watch the planes.Special Features:
- 121 ResturantEasterDined on 9/14/2014The service was wonderful as well as a nice diverse type of menu. The food was generous in portions and delicious. It was a little hard to find it on the airport grounds ---the gps may not work directly to get there so plan accordingly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014Nice view of the runway and airplanes taking off and landing. We have been more than a few times and food was always good but we haven't been in probably a year. The same dishes we have had in the past were terrible and everything had so much salt you could gag. We asked if here was a chef change and were told they have had a few. It is too bad the chefs are not up to the task.Special Features:
- Yum.WeekendDinersDined on 8/2/2014Yummy meal and a perfect view of planes arriving and taking off.Special Features:
- Outdoors at the AirportRedPorscheDined on 7/30/2014Pleasant evening for outdoor dining with good food and wine watching the planes come and go. Prix Fixe options were excellent, calamari appetizer outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but...Fritz2001Dined on 7/25/2014We have been to 121 before and have enjoyed it very much. The problem with our last visit was the number of families with young children who came to eat and watch the airplanes. They were not unruly, as children go, but not what I was looking for in a quiet dinner with my wife at a relatively high end restaurant. The food was good, but I am not likely to make another 121 visit anytime soon.Special Features:
- needs some rework.......justbeinhonestDined on 7/19/2014Love the restaurant and it's vibe, however, it's time to do a rehab. We went after 5:00 pm so I guess if we went around 8:00pm you wouldn't notice that the sceens need to be replaced, the windows and walls and tables really need to be scrubed clean. And the entry way floor. ... it's still slippery:( Sorry don't mean to be a downer....the food was good, it would be sad to lose a little gem like this because its getting too shabby. Good luck!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- airport view, great foodDonnCDined on 7/11/2014we fly in to Oxford regularly and 121 is the best airfield restaurant we've ever been to. They provide flight catering for the business jets based at KOXC and have another location in North Salem, NY. There is a small bar, a separate party room, and a few tables on the deck, but the main dining room with many windows on the runway is just great. The food is special but not pretentious, and the designer pizzas and desserts are nice. We especially like the numerous helicopter operations, I think Sikorsky uses Oxford as a test flight destination...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!Dinner42Dined on 7/1/2014The PEI mussels were perfection. Our guest raved over the Cuban sandwich. At lunch, the noise level is low compared to dinner. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the 121 Restaurant and Bar - Oxford reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014Fun to sit and watch the corporate jets and general aviation planes take off and land. But the good food and service are the best reasons to go.Special Features:
- JillDined on 6/8/2014This is my third visit. Twice indoors for lunch in the cooler weather. This time outdoors for dinner on a beautiful June evening. Food very good each time. Nice variety to the menu. Suprisingly upscale items: think PEI mussels. Very nice cocktail menu and some good wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly niceIgmontDined on 5/9/2014I booked this thinking "airport restaurant". But it was very nice. And different then their other restaurant. Unlike what some had said, it was not hard to find. The restaurant is very nice, large. The menu varies, but decent size. Decent bar and selection, beer selection was disappointing. Started with calamari, which was acceptable, but a tough. Not enough sauce as well for a dish that size. I had pizza (safe choice) which was decent, but under-cooked. My wife had steak, which was excellent, over mashed potatoes. Great choice. Berries for dessert- excellent. Overall a good choice. The airport is right outside the window and that gave it some uniqueness. No, there was not much noise when the jets landed! We look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spot, good food, good service!ShandzillaDined on 5/3/2014Casual dinner with family and friends. Service was great, food was excellent, little loud but I've experienced worse. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for type of foodMusicteachDined on 5/2/2014We had a reservation and they said they had no tables. We had to sit at the pizza bar. $91.00 for a salad and salmon, glass of house wine. The waitress did nothing, yet we felt obligated to leave a 15$ tip. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Easy in and outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014We were in a hurry on our way to a meeting in Middlebury and this place was on the way. The wait staff was able to accommodate our rush orders and we were in and out with time to spare. The food was really good, too!Special Features:
- First time at 121JoyJoyDined on 4/26/2014First time visit. Right on the premises of Oxford Airport! You can watch planes takeoff and land! Open, modern space. In-house brick oven pizza making! Corn chowder is amazing. Made in-house dessert-Nutella Banana Empanadas-awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014We have made 121 a regular stop on our restaurant list. Awesome food. The burgers are great and the specialty pizzas are worth the drive here. It's our first choice when new people are in town and we are looking for a casual atmosphere and great food.Special Features:
- Hidden GemAugcomm9Dined on 3/22/2014A very good restaurant with a great view of planes landing and a beautiful sunset. Romantic and unique, the food and drinks were very good including their pizzas and their burger. Everyone in our party enjoyed our time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent food, cool locationMikeDined on 3/21/2014Consistent food, cool location and an inventive menu keep bringing me back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experiencemper08Dined on 1/4/2014My Girlfriend and I found this place while searching on line and decided to give it a try. The food was excellent and we intend on returning soon to try some of the other entrees. I would recommend their butternut squash soup and the salmon sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the effort to find it!DKDKDined on 12/31/2013I scheduled this restaurant, to be frank, because it was close to my house and had an opening for New Year's eve. These are not great criteria for finding a good restaurant. It was also particularly iffy that this was a restaurant connected to a small regional airport. The place was a little hard to find although the signs were good. Upon entering we were pleasantly surprised by the tasteful decor and the courteous welcoming staff. We were immediately shown to our table and we were again surprised by the number of people there. The place was crowded. The menu was very well done with several items that were not ordinary restaurant fare..much more upscale. The service was attentive without being overbearing. Great food..great findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First tripOxfordResidentDined on 12/21/2013This was my first trip to 121 at Oxford Airport. And we loved it. Food was tasty and the wait staff was attentive. In fact, the wait staff was the best I've encountered in a long time. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Good food but some improvementsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013The lower level tables are too close together, tables need a bit more reading light at night, entrance is very dark also... and better signs to help us find you. Had trouble finding the Oxford location on my second visit. Food is great and decor nice tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Rather pricey forBirthdayBuzzkillDined on 12/7/2013Good food. Rather pricey for overall experience. We went with another couple and were celebrating my wife's birthday and her friend's too. What bugged us was that the waitress had to say multiple times that they do not sing any type of birthday song. Ok once is enough. And why not? Not very customer friendly. Let's all have fun.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerakseDined on 10/20/2013This was my second time dinning at 121. Both times were very good . The menu has many good choices from sandwiches, burgers, pizzas and full dinner entrées.. I had the pizza and it was excellent. The ambience is very good and our party had a great time. The only disappointment was that we wanted to try their fixed price menu that I'd seen on-line. They us informed that it was discontinued and they hadn't updated the web info. I hope they bring it back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than you'd expectMamaVIPDined on 10/4/2013This restaurant is tucked by the runway of an airport you'd never even know existed without the airport signs. The food was good - better than what I would have expected in a rural part of CT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Not a typical airportmikeeDined on 10/2/2013Good food. Not a typical airport restaurant. Good seafood.Special Features:
- the plane, the planetwmcdDined on 9/21/2013very busy place on weekends. Kind of on the loud side, if you want quieter ask for corner tables. Prices are a little high, but quantities are to match. Very good food, attentive wait staff. After 9pm it quiets down alot. Nice view of runway too. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That was fabulous!!xiomychDined on 9/17/2013It was our first time at the restaurant and we had such a great time! Service was spotless, and the food was delicious! Thank you so much for making my husband's birthday so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the lobster roll andPepperDined on 8/22/2013I had the lobster roll and it was a perfect size. I didn't want the fries with it so they gave me asperagus instead. It was perfect. My husband had a hamburger that he said was excellent. The cupcake dessert was wonderful. Can't wait to go back. We went on a rainy, cloudy day but the view was still fun--watching planes go out. We will definitely be returning and I'm telling all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2013It's a little confusing to get to, but restaurant is great with excellent food and great service. Go during sundown to see an amazing sunset over the airport while you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 121foodee44Dined on 8/1/2013Getting to this restaurant is an interesting experience. The route is clearly marked, but we still felt like we had entered an episode of the Twilight Zone... even before we spotted the runway! The waitress was helpful, and the food did arrive quickly. Most of the dinner portions were filling. The lobster roll was disappointing & deceptively small. A brioche roll was hollowed out and lobster spooned into the center. The fried calimari appetizer wasn't large enough to share. The scallop dinner, however, was phenomenal! I would go back because the dining experience, beside a runway was so unique.Special Features:
- LunchBusterDined on 7/26/2013Very nice lunch on a rainy afternoon. The food was good. My wife had the lobster roll, which she said could stand up to any she's had in Maine. My burger was good, but a bit overdone. I ordered it medium rare, but I'd say it was closer to medium well. Seems a lot of places do this as they don't want to serve anything on the rare side. The mussels we shared as a starter were outstanding. It was fun watching the planes take off. Funny, but we didn't see any land.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time at this restaurantSusieDined on 7/13/2013Second time at this restaurant - just such a great place! The food/drink are very good - servers wonderful. The place has a great feel to it. Right at the Oxford Airport, so you have a view of small planes landing/taking off. I know it sounds really casual, but its actually more upscale. You just don't expect what you are going to get when you drive up. Give it a try - we travel 45 minutes to get there and have plans to go back again soon.Special Features:
- Very good food and serviceJenLDined on 6/16/2013All 4 of us had a different entree and we all loved it. The dessert was fantastic as well. We should have reserved a table at the window overlooking the runway, but our window table was still okay, just to the side by the outdoor patio. It was a bit pricey though for lunch, considering we had no alcohol or appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A HitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2013We've been at 121 4 times now. Always awesome food. I can't wait to go back. And I never leave hungry. Food great, price is great, waitstaff is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.