111 Chop House
111 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
111 Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.111chophouse.com/
- Phone: (508) 799-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Please be advised, we do not accept reservations for bar table seating during our Happy Hour time period from 4:00pm-7:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Cannon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: One Eleven Chop House has one beautifully-appointed room for 25 to 40 people. The room is elegant without being pretentious. It features vintage posters, dark woods and a display of the restaurant's award-winning wine. it offers the timeless decor of a classic New York or Chicago steak house.
- Private Party Contact: Faith Shannon 508-799-4111x
A word from 111 Chop House
The idea behind One Eleven Chop House was to establish a Chicago-style steakhouse right here in Worcester. The elegance and sophistication of the decor complements some of the best-tasting steaks and chops you'll find anywhere. All of our cuts are either certified prime-grade or in the top 10% of the choice grade. And they're all expertly prepared. Choose from traditional steaks done right or less traditional favorites, such as Long Island Duck Two Ways, Sirloin Encrusted in Black Pepper with a Shallot Brandy Cream Sauce, or a Mixed Grill of Filet Mignon, Confit of Duck and Blackened Shrimp.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
111 Chop House - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
111 Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)notable wine list (100)fit for foodies (96)romantic (77)good for groups (67)vibrant bar scene (55)hot spot (44)neighborhood gem (40)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Here is where it startedJoesayssoDined on 11/16/2014I took my wife, having dining at the Chop House at work sponsored events, knowing she would enjoy it and I was right. Everything was excellent as it had been on my three prior visits. Anyone can see how Capital Grill started after dining at a venue like this but the original has much more charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AmazingBuddyDined on 11/16/2014Went there before a Jazz show. Unbelievable steak - cut like butter. Wine list is outrageous. Can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak for LoversFirsttimerDined on 11/14/2014Delicious steak every time! All around great meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service.NYtoWorcesterDined on 11/14/2014We have been before and the service was excellent. This time we were in back room next to a large group and virtually ignored. Food is excellent, but they were getting many orders wrong in our area, including the large party and other two tops. Only had one waiter - they typically work in pairs. The manager was great. We will go back after awhile but ask not to be seated in the back area.Special Features:
- LindaDined on 11/11/2014Took our college age grandson. Very attentive waitresses and excellent food. The reductions on each meal were different and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointCathyDined on 11/8/2014Had another fantastic birthday dinner at 111 Chop House! The food, the cocktails and the service we all fantastic. There were six of us dining, and we all went away full and extremely satisfied. My husband took home his leftover filet, and it was delicious the second time around, too! The salads and sides were great, too. Stephanie and Montana were an attentive serving team. They took good care of us without being intrusive. We spent way more at a high-end steakhouse chain a few months ago, and the food and service left much to be desired. We'll just stick to the Chop House from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food where fantastic.graduationDined on 11/7/2014If you want a good dinner with family don't sit in bar area. Should have waited the extra time over our reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 11/7/2014The food and service was excellent. It was a little too loud when we first got there at 7 because of happy hour.Special Features:
- All around fine eveningHumbleDinerDined on 11/2/2014Celebrated a birthday here a couple weeks ago. Ambiance is warm and welcoming on a chilly November night, service attentive, well informed, quick and friendly. All meals were fresh and well prepared, no complaints at all. In the past, roast potato side dish has been a star item. This time, although good, not as crispy browned as earlier visits, portion not as generous. Steaks, fish, appetizers, drinks however were all great. There was a slight mix-up on one diner's choice of steak which led to delay in getting her meal on time, but this was swiftly and graciously handled. Beautiful candlelit ice cream puff dessert arrived as a surprise-- perfect, beautiful touch. I always look forward to visiting the Chop House. A very solid dining choice.Special Features:
- Definitely 5 starCee4Dined on 11/1/2014Outstanding service from both of our waitstaff (Patty & Lily); knowledgeable & courteous, present but not overbearing. Definitely make a reservation if you plan on using the dining room! Small, but you never feel cramped. The wine list is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversarybobjDined on 10/31/2014Celebrated our anniversary on Halloween. Our wait staff was dressed as Zeus and Aphrodite, and they were excellent. It was our first time at 111, and the steaks were fantastic. We will definitely go back in the future.Special Features:
- Service!Wimpy326Dined on 10/30/2014From seating through to the check, we were properly and timely served. The food was top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FearsomeFredVIPDined on 10/26/2014A nice spot for a special occasion. Food was great and the service was excellent, attentive but not over bearing.Special Features:
- Best restaurantTokenfireDined on 10/23/2014I would travel from Boston just to eat here again! The chef was extremely accommodating to my guests and made clams casino the way they wanted them cooked--special order. I had the wagyu flat iron steak on the recommendation of my server and it was 1000 times better than any filet mignon that I have ever had. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I live just south of Boston, but I would make the trip to Worcester for a great dinner. Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected :(MaybonesVIPDined on 10/21/2014I went to try what I was told were excellent steaks. Fairly nice restaurant, plenty of staff but no real choice of Prime steaks and not a lot of choices compared to the excellent steak houses I visit, such as Morton's, Ruth Chris and the other brand names across the country. So I ordered the Bone in Rib Eye, which even though it wasn't prime, I expected a good steak. Steak came. Got Medium Well rather than medium; mine looked like a rump cut and you could Not tell what it was and guess what. Very poor. I made a comment to the waiter and he responeded, it will be great. I ate what I could, leaving 25% with Multiple unknown bones and was never asked again, if it was good. Based on this experience, I will NOT be back.
- Best Steakhouse AroundJackDined on 10/19/2014Food is exceptional, their French onion soup is spectacular. Service is always quick and very friendly. Steaks and prime rib are melt in your mouth. All in all, a great restaurant!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Good food, excellent and friendly service. We were not rushed.Special Features:
- Loud but greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great time, it was loud but it was awsome, food was great, service was great, and we didn't mind the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseAnniversaryDined on 10/18/2014The waiter asked if we were celebrating something special. It was our anniversary. Surprised us with cake and candle. Very nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KRjustmeDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant experience! Highly recommend to all. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- KmmOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014Quality of food didn't match price tag. Service was exceptional however!Special Features:
- Never a dosappointmentlauraluVIPDined on 10/18/2014111 Chop House that's all you have to say and I am there! The food is outstanding. Service impeccable. Adam was a pleasure the entire evening!! Attention to detail, exceptional. You will never be disappointed at the 111!Special Features:
- Over ratedKayDDined on 10/17/2014I have eaten twice at 111 Chophouse. Both times I found it so noisy that it's hard to hold a conversation. The food was good but not great enough to worth the money. I have had just as good steaks at much less expensive places. I can say that the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Fabulous!WorcestergirlDined on 10/17/2014Went to celebrate a birthday dinner, expensive but totally worth the splurge. A special complimentary dessert was a surprise. Delicious food, always top notch, presentation wonderful. Waiter and Waitress were beyond perfect! Will go back again for drinks and appetizers at the bar or for a wonderful meal to remember.Special Features:
- ExcellentKarenHDined on 10/12/2014The food, service and ambiance were excellent. Best steak I ever had. And the calamari was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 111 Chop - Still Great!GS1968Dined on 10/12/2014111 Chop House continues to be one of our favorites. We were there last week for Sunday Comfort Food. A special group of entrees for $19.99. Our group of 4 tried 3 of them - they were each delicious. Service as always was first rate.Special Features:
- One of the nicest in WorcesterHungryForWorcesterVIPDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I went to the 111 for our 2nd wedding anniversary. We frequent a number of restaurants in the city and wanted to go somewhere that was a step up from the norm. Our food was phenomenal, the servers were polite, informative and available, and the decor and ambience was perfect for the occasion. I had the Surf and Turf, my wife had the Apricot Glazed Salmon, both were two of the best meals we've had in quite some time. The wine and scotch list was top notch. One thing we both appreciated was that we were able to have a conversation over dinner at a reasonable volume, no need to yell over a loud room. When it comes to a dinner for two, expect to spend $80 - $140 + tip. Four thumbs up from us!Special Features:
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014The firecracker sushi was delicious - not too spicy, the dry-aged steak was perfectly cooked, the garlic mashed potatoes were creamy and tasty, the swordfish was also amazing. The only thing we ordered that we were disappointed with was the potato croquettes. They were huge and tasteless. We didn't eat more than a few bites. Our waitress was awesome. She was able to customize a meal for me (I didn't even ask and wasn't planning to) on the spot after I told her which seafood options I was looking at. Would definitely like to go back but would save it for special occasions because it is expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!GraceLouiseandGeorgeDined on 10/11/2014Met my nephew who is in college here around 4:30 pm for dinner to catch up. It was my first time at the 111 Chop House. I can't say enough--outstanding!. My nephew and I ordered the ginger apricot salmon-excellent. My friend ordered a steak which absolutely melted in your mouth and was cooked exactly as he ordered. I have listed the noise level as quiet as we had early dinner reservations, however, when we were leaving more dinner guests had started filling in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealsLibbbyDined on 10/10/2014Just always perfect..how can I add more..well ok..menu is always terrific..food outstanding from appetizers to main course. Too full for dessert this time..but that is always amazing as well. Not inexpensive..but worth it...Special Features:
- Great restaurant!JimLDined on 10/7/2014Terrific experience. Amazing food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great experienceSteveDined on 10/4/2014Second time to the 111 and it was still great. Fantastic cut of beef, great staff. Had booked our visit on "open table" and we walked right in right to our booth. Fantastic.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceBishopDined on 10/4/2014111 never fails to satisfy. The atmosphere is very good, upscale but not pretentious. And the food is never less than perfect. The filet is always a good choice. I highly recommend 111 for special occasions or just a night out for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food spoiled by nouseChoppy33Dined on 10/3/2014Very good carnivore menu, wait staff competent, wine list extensive but this restaurant just way too noisy.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner....Fantastic!!!AJS1Dined on 10/3/2014My wife and I went to the Chop House for our 15th wedding anniversary. The Dinner was top notch. I had the black pepper encrusted Sirloin which was great, and my wife had the surf and turf (scallop stuffed shrimp and petite filet), she enjoyed her meal as well. Each of us started with a salad (spinach and bacon for her, ceaser for me). The wait staff was top notch, providing suggestions for cocktails. We ordered dessert and were suprised by our cheesecake adorned with candles and with"Happy Anniversary" written on the plate. Tremendous experieince. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceFoodieDined on 9/29/2014I brought my mother to The 111 Chop House for her Birthday. The service was outstanding! The for was very good and the ambiance was perfect. The Servers brought my mother a wonderful dessert with a candle for her birthday on the house. It was a great ending to a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fav!!PattiDined on 9/28/2014111 is my favorite restaurant. Years past I'd only go there for my birthday. But now that I'm older and wiser I go when I feel the urge!! Best steak!! Best side dishes!! Best staff!! 111 has it all! Unfortunately for me it's not very close to where I live. It takes me about 45 minutes to get there. If it were closer of probably be there every weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014excellent service, very good food, lots going on so a bit noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 111 ChophouseduneroadgirlDined on 9/26/2014Great service and food. Especially thrilled they had a separate gluten free menu with many options. Loved their steak and non-steak selections.Special Features:
- Chop housedancermumDined on 9/26/2014Myself and 5 co-workers went to the chop house for dinner befor attending a show at the Hanover. One o our co-workers is getting married and we were also celebrating this. Our waiter and waitress were wonderful and when the deserts were brough to the table they had congratulations written on the edge of the dessert plate. Nice touch, great food and great service.!Special Features: