111 Chop House
111 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
111 Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.111chophouse.com/
- Phone: 508-799-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Please be advised, we do not accept reservations for bar table seating during our Happy Hour time period from 4:00pm-7:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Cannon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: One Eleven Chop House has one beautifully-appointed room for 25 to 40 people. The room is elegant without being pretentious. It features vintage posters, dark woods and a display of the restaurant's award-winning wine. it offers the timeless decor of a classic New York or Chicago steak house.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Frustaci 508-799-4111
A word from 111 Chop House
The idea behind One Eleven Chop House was to establish a Chicago-style steakhouse right here in Worcester. The elegance and sophistication of the decor complements some of the best-tasting steaks and chops you'll find anywhere. All of our cuts are either certified prime-grade or in the top 10% of the choice grade. And they're all expertly prepared. Choose from traditional steaks done right or less traditional favorites, such as Long Island Duck Two Ways, Sirloin Encrusted in Black Pepper with a Shallot Brandy Cream Sauce, or a Mixed Grill of Filet Mignon, Confit of Duck and Blackened Shrimp.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
111 Chop House - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
111 Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)notable wine list (92)romantic (74)vibrant bar scene (61)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (53)hot spot (42)neighborhood gem (30)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Service was excellent and food was great. Upscale in ambience but fun place.Special Features:
- Very good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014We went with a party of 5. All 5 entrees were quite good, in recipe as well as in preparation and presentation. All the entrees included a salad and enough vegetables to make for a meal. This made the overall cost quite reasonable, since we didn't have to order salads or sides. We ordered three desserts. The chocolate mousse was good, and it would be perfect for kids. The presentation is fancy, but the flavor is straight forward and sweet. The blueberry sorbet was also good: subtle. The blueberry cobbler, however, was not good. Several of us tried it, and it remained completely uneaten. It should be removed from the menu. It blemished an otherwise exceptional meal. We will definitely return, and we definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to celebrate birthdayJenniferDined on 8/17/2014My husband, teen-aged son, and I celebrated my husband's birthday here and were delighted. The service was friendly and professional; it is refreshing to see a restaurant dedicate clear effort in training servers and hosts. We all had appetizers, salads, steaks, and shared two desserts; having dined at top steak houses across the country, this was absolutely in the top tier (puts Ruth's Chris Boston to shame!). Food was fresh, inventive, and flavorful, each steak was cooked to the perfect, specified temperature (amazing how difficult that seems for so many places), and the wine list was outstanding. The only downside is that the bar area, which is open to the dining room, is dominated by 2 big TVs and is a bit noisy.Special Features:
- First, and likely, only timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Overall the food was good. I had swordfish that was perfectly prepared and my wife's pork chop was also good. However, we specifically went here because my son wanted a nice steak for his birthday. While his 30-day aged New York strip was flavorful, it was on the dry side, and it was not tender but very chewy. Bottom line, the food was good but not the steak, which is really the reason for going to a chop house...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food is excellent and so is the service. Two waiters per table (on average) and attention to detail Overall, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to their reputation!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014This place came highly recommended by several friends and rightfully so! Very attentive staff, looking proper in their white coats. Just because you serve steak doesn't make you a steakhouse (i'm looking at you Texas roadhouse and Outback). You want a proper cut of meat perfectly prepared, the Chop House is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersDebhitchDined on 8/16/2014We arrived and were seated right away. Excellent service. Food very good to excellent. But within 20 minutes the restaurant was full and we found ourselves almost yelling. That would be our only complaint the noise levelSpecial Features:
- Excellent and TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The service was great. They were friendly, made sure that you had what you needed without being there too often. Just right. The food was very good, the deserts were awesome too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I rememberTheWaughsDined on 8/14/2014Maybe it was a mistake going during Worcester restaraunt week, but the food by far below par compared to what it was two years ago. My dry aged steak lacked any flavor and my wife's meal was horrible. The head server, Alex, disappeared after our meals were served and never came back to check on us or deliver the bill. Very disappointed in a place I had previously recommended comparing them to Capital Grille.Special Features:
- DiningHappyPatronDined on 8/13/2014Above is a list of why I would recommend this Restaurant to others but there are so Many other reasons why Not listed. One Huge point that Impressed Me was how Informative the Waiter was on explaining to Us other options to think about regarding Our choice of Dinners. It wasn't in a Bad way but Meant nearly to let Us know on other Choices As Good or Better to try. We took Advise and Found Dinner to be Exactly what was Explained. It Was An Awesome Meal! I Rate This A 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2014Great selections! I have a gluten-issue and had many options. Very happy with experience....everything was delicious!Special Features:
- disappointingsimplymeDined on 8/12/2014I was there for restaurant week. I ordered a 12 oz rib steak ( no bone) that was half fat, and nothing notable as far as taste was concerned. The bag-bang shrimp was totally delicious however and I'm glad it was a generous portion, because the steak was really mediocre. The wine was also excellent. The service was excellent. This is not the first time I've been disappointed in the steak at the Chop House, and for the price, it was certainly not worth it. I'm not likely to go back any time soon. TheSpecial Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Went during restaurant week, limited restaurant week menu, however it was all great. Waitstaff was wonderful. Food was delicious, just the right amount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014Steaks and side vegetable dishes were very good. Service as always was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebration46celebration46Dined on 8/10/2014We so enjoyed our dinner with you. It was our 46 wedding anniversary and you made it special by asking if we were celebrating anything and then decorating our dessert with candles. Thank you so much. Your staff was wonderful and most attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayUberSmackDined on 8/8/2014Every day I drove by the 111 and finally decided to go for my anniversary. Upon arriving I was pleased with the valet and also my first impression. We were seated immediately. The two servers came over within 5 minutes and introduced themselves as well as stopped over regularly throughout the night, great service! This is where the issues start though, the noise level was insane, my girlfriend and I were sitting 2 feet apart from one another and we couldn't hear each other talking, the wait staff could not hear us ordering, we had to resort to pointing to the menu to order to keep ourselves from yelling. What I expected to be an intimate, well dressed, high end restaurant felt more like the 99 on a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentLove2DineDined on 8/8/2014Service and ambiance was great. Food was less than desirable. I had one of the toughest cuts of meat I have ever had the misfortune of eating. For the price of the meat of the menu I expected better. I would not waste my money there, I have had far better cuts at other restaurants for a fraction if the cost.Special Features:
- All around great mealWidowDined on 8/4/2014111 Chop House has a high standard of food and service in very pleasant surroundings.Special Features:
- first choice for special occasionsMrsL1234Dined on 8/1/2014We love going here for special occasions. Very tasty food from app to dessert. Waiters/waitresses are always phenomenal. Very professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serviceDontGetOutMuchDined on 8/1/2014Probably the best service I have ever received. After telling waiter of a seafood allergy, all of my food was hand delivered by the chef! My short ribs were a little dry (should have had a steak) and I was offered a new entree! Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksknightoutDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant never disappoints......Great food...good wine list..attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!KathyDined on 7/26/2014Our table was ready when we arrived - a great corner location for our party of six. The dining room is divided into sections so that you have a feeling of upscale intimacy. The wait staff was extremely attentive and knowledgable. Every meal that was ordered was cooked perfectly and exceeded expectations. A fabulous steakhouse doesn't have to be in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 111 chop houseDandanDined on 7/25/2014111 Chop House has a nice classic steakhouse ambience. Food was average steakhouse fare, nothing special. Service was OK. Expensive for what it is. $70 per person w/o booze.
- Great for special occasionsAzeeDined on 7/23/2014Dined in here with my girlfriend on her 21st birthday, we didn't want a big scene so we didn't really tell the waiters that it was her birthday till we ordered some wine and they noticed that she'd just turned 21. At the end of the meal when the dessert was served the plate came out with "Happy 21st birthday" written all around it and a small lit candle in the middle of the chocolate lava cake. It was just something that showed that the staff cared about their customers who dined in. Amazing service.Special Features:
- Excellent friesFoodieDined on 7/23/2014I enjoyed my steak frites - the truffle oil, Parmesan fries were fabulous and my 5 oz fillet was tender and tasty. Seems like I had the best experience, though. Comments from my friends included that the lamb was fatty, the cod special over cooked, and the rib eye tough. But the restaurant is lovely and the service was good and very friendly. We lingered over coffee and dessert for a long while and felt no pressure to give up our table. Overall, though, we all thought it over priced. Still, I'd go back for the fries.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Great Food Excellent service. A bit noisey on the lower levelSpecial Features:
- Great steaksSharonVIPDined on 7/21/2014My husband and I ate at 111 yesterday after not having been there 4 several months. Our steaks were excellent, as they always are; cooked rare just the way we like them. The frites were also super. The service wasn't as excellent as it's been in the past. The 2 servers were slow to get our salads and beverages & didn't pay much attention to us. They did have a large party to serve at a nearby table, but that's often the case at 111, & even when it's much busier than it was last night, our servers have always been very attentive. e parties. The profiteroles we shared for dessert were not as good as in the past--the dough was very heavy & hard to chew. We'll definitely go back soon & hope the service will be like it's been in the past.Special Features:
- JEPJEP213Dined on 7/20/2014Very friendly staff, very accommodating, super quick service. The food was delicious! My hubby and I went for our anniversary and they even surprised us with a free happy anniversary dessert! We even showed up a half our before our reservation and got seated immediately. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first experienceyummyDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary. I was pleased with the menu offerings and we had a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/20141st time. Wish it was sooner. Friendly staff. We will be going back soon. We had two servers who took great care of us,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal and ServiceAnotherJimDined on 7/16/2014Not the first time we've been to the Chophouse. Service is excellent and the food is wonderful. We were seated right away. Bread and drink orders were taken and filled quickly. Dinner order was taken and ready not long after we finished our salads. Service was brisk, but not rushed. Very good timing. Dinner runs $20 to $30 a plate, so not a place I would bring the kids. Definitely a place for a date night, special occasssion or to just enjoy good food and drink. We went for our anniversary and were surprised with a dessert on the house.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Had a great time. Staff was courteous and prompt. My wife loved the mojitos and our friends were delighted with the food and ambiance. Thanks for a great night. Reviewed by Taty for MarcSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable in every wayMrTVDNRDined on 7/11/2014Great food, service and wine list. Always love coming here for any occasion or just because.Special Features:
- one year wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014We went out to celebrate our anniversary. The food was fantastic and the service was outstanding. The wait staff was very knowledgeable about the menu and anticipated our every need!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and deliciousbillandpam3Dined on 7/9/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the 111 Chop House and it was a wonderful experience! We were treated like royalty and the meal was delicious! Thw wait staff was very attentive and helped to make the evening a truly special event! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Perfect eveninglks0723Dined on 7/5/2014The service, food, wine and atmosphere were all outstanding. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightnursekellyandxrayjayDined on 7/3/2014We chose the chop house for our monthly date night and were not disappointed. We found the ambience lovely, and the service prompt and efficient. My husband raved about the maryland crab cake and we both loved the oysters on the half shell, which had the perfect taste of the sea without a speck of grit. Our cocktails were expertly prepared and our server was helpful with a wine selection for our entrees. My husband devoured his bone-in ribeye, which was cooked to medium rare perfection, and my skirt steak and frites was just as delectable. We also had the amazing raspberry creme brulee to finish our perfect meal. Thank you again for a lovely experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot wait to go back!BirthdaydinnerDined on 6/29/2014I had the lobster with steak tips, THE BEST! Loved the food, loved the service.Special Features:
- MattMattDined on 6/28/2014Phenomenal food! The service was outstanding and extremely accommodating. The bar tenders were very energetic and friendly. They also made great drinks very quickly!Special Features:
- dtbeauDined on 6/25/2014Outstanding food and service. 111 Chophouse is always a favorite!Special Features: