111 Chop House
111 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
111 Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.111chophouse.com/
- Phone: 508-799-4111x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Please be advised, we do not accept reservations for bar table seating during our Happy Hour time period from 4:00pm-7:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Cannon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: One Eleven Chop House has one beautifully-appointed room for 25 to 40 people. The room is elegant without being pretentious. It features vintage posters, dark woods and a display of the restaurant's award-winning wine. it offers the timeless decor of a classic New York or Chicago steak house.
- Private Party Contact: Faith Shannon 508-799-4111x
A word from 111 Chop House
The idea behind One Eleven Chop House was to establish a Chicago-style steakhouse right here in Worcester. The elegance and sophistication of the decor complements some of the best-tasting steaks and chops you'll find anywhere. All of our cuts are either certified prime-grade or in the top 10% of the choice grade. And they're all expertly prepared. Choose from traditional steaks done right or less traditional favorites, such as Long Island Duck Two Ways, Sirloin Encrusted in Black Pepper with a Shallot Brandy Cream Sauce, or a Mixed Grill of Filet Mignon, Confit of Duck and Blackened Shrimp.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
111 Chop House - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
111 Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (149)notable wine list (92)fit for foodies (76)romantic (70)good for groups (57)vibrant bar scene (53)hot spot (43)neighborhood gem (36)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best Steakhouse AroundJackDined on 10/19/2014Food is exceptional, their French onion soup is spectacular. Service is always quick and very friendly. Steaks and prime rib are melt in your mouth. All in all, a great restaurant!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Good food, excellent and friendly service. We were not rushed.Special Features:
- Loud but greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great time, it was loud but it was awsome, food was great, service was great, and we didn't mind the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The waiter asked if we were celebrating something special. It was our anniversary. Surprised us with cake and candle. Very nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KRjustmeDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant experience! Highly recommend to all. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Never a dosappointmentlauraluVIPDined on 10/18/2014111 Chop House that's all you have to say and I am there! The food is outstanding. Service impeccable. Adam was a pleasure the entire evening!! Attention to detail, exceptional. You will never be disappointed at the 111!Special Features:
- Over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I have eaten twice at 111 Chophouse. Both times I found it so noisy that it's hard to hold a conversation. The food was good but not great enough to worth the money. I have had just as good steaks at much less expensive places. I can say that the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- ExcellentKarenHDined on 10/12/2014The food, service and ambiance were excellent. Best steak I ever had. And the calamari was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 111 Chop - Still Great!GS1968Dined on 10/12/2014111 Chop House continues to be one of our favorites. We were there last week for Sunday Comfort Food. A special group of entrees for $19.99. Our group of 4 tried 3 of them - they were each delicious. Service as always was first rate.Special Features:
- One of the nicest in WorcesterHungryForWorcesterVIPDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I went to the 111 for our 2nd wedding anniversary. We frequent a number of restaurants in the city and wanted to go somewhere that was a step up from the norm. Our food was phenomenal, the servers were polite, informative and available, and the decor and ambience was perfect for the occasion. I had the Surf and Turf, my wife had the Apricot Glazed Salmon, both were two of the best meals we've had in quite some time. The wine and scotch list was top notch. One thing we both appreciated was that we were able to have a conversation over dinner at a reasonable volume, no need to yell over a loud room. When it comes to a dinner for two, expect to spend $80 - $140 + tip. Four thumbs up from us!Special Features:
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014The firecracker sushi was delicious - not too spicy, the dry-aged steak was perfectly cooked, the garlic mashed potatoes were creamy and tasty, the swordfish was also amazing. The only thing we ordered that we were disappointed with was the potato croquettes. They were huge and tasteless. We didn't eat more than a few bites. Our waitress was awesome. She was able to customize a meal for me (I didn't even ask and wasn't planning to) on the spot after I told her which seafood options I was looking at. Would definitely like to go back but would save it for special occasions because it is expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!GraceLouiseandGeorgeDined on 10/11/2014Met my nephew who is in college here around 4:30 pm for dinner to catch up. It was my first time at the 111 Chop House. I can't say enough--outstanding!. My nephew and I ordered the ginger apricot salmon-excellent. My friend ordered a steak which absolutely melted in your mouth and was cooked exactly as he ordered. I have listed the noise level as quiet as we had early dinner reservations, however, when we were leaving more dinner guests had started filling in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealsLibbbyDined on 10/10/2014Just always perfect..how can I add more..well ok..menu is always terrific..food outstanding from appetizers to main course. Too full for dessert this time..but that is always amazing as well. Not inexpensive..but worth it...Special Features:
- Great restaurant!JimLDined on 10/7/2014Terrific experience. Amazing food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great experienceSteveDined on 10/4/2014Second time to the 111 and it was still great. Fantastic cut of beef, great staff. Had booked our visit on "open table" and we walked right in right to our booth. Fantastic.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceBishopDined on 10/4/2014111 never fails to satisfy. The atmosphere is very good, upscale but not pretentious. And the food is never less than perfect. The filet is always a good choice. I highly recommend 111 for special occasions or just a night out for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food spoiled by nouseChoppy33Dined on 10/3/2014Very good carnivore menu, wait staff competent, wine list extensive but this restaurant just way too noisy.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner....Fantastic!!!AJS1Dined on 10/3/2014My wife and I went to the Chop House for our 15th wedding anniversary. The Dinner was top notch. I had the black pepper encrusted Sirloin which was great, and my wife had the surf and turf (scallop stuffed shrimp and petite filet), she enjoyed her meal as well. Each of us started with a salad (spinach and bacon for her, ceaser for me). The wait staff was top notch, providing suggestions for cocktails. We ordered dessert and were suprised by our cheesecake adorned with candles and with"Happy Anniversary" written on the plate. Tremendous experieince. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceFoodieDined on 9/29/2014I brought my mother to The 111 Chop House for her Birthday. The service was outstanding! The for was very good and the ambiance was perfect. The Servers brought my mother a wonderful dessert with a candle for her birthday on the house. It was a great ending to a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fav!!PattiDined on 9/28/2014111 is my favorite restaurant. Years past I'd only go there for my birthday. But now that I'm older and wiser I go when I feel the urge!! Best steak!! Best side dishes!! Best staff!! 111 has it all! Unfortunately for me it's not very close to where I live. It takes me about 45 minutes to get there. If it were closer of probably be there every weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014excellent service, very good food, lots going on so a bit noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 111 ChophouseduneroadgirlDined on 9/26/2014Great service and food. Especially thrilled they had a separate gluten free menu with many options. Loved their steak and non-steak selections.Special Features:
- Chop housedancermumDined on 9/26/2014Myself and 5 co-workers went to the chop house for dinner befor attending a show at the Hanover. One o our co-workers is getting married and we were also celebrating this. Our waiter and waitress were wonderful and when the deserts were brough to the table they had congratulations written on the edge of the dessert plate. Nice touch, great food and great service.!Special Features:
- FirsttimethereAutumnLeavesDined on 9/25/2014We chose this restaurant for a special occasion because of its reputation and while it was satisfactory in all respects, there was nothing outstanding. It was an ordinary experience which did not justify the prices charged.
- Business DinnerkjbmDined on 9/22/2014I had out of town business partners. Excellent service. Very good food. Excellent wine list and great bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servers don't communicateisopazDined on 9/22/2014The food was just ok. I had a very fatty ribeye but it was cooked perfectly. My friend got the scallops, they were just mediocre, nothing special. My issue is with the 2 server system. They do not communicate with each other. One server asked us for wine refills and about a minute later the otherr asked us the same thing. We told one server to leave the bread, a minute later the other removes it without asking. Not sure why this system is necessary as the section we sat in was not busy. Being a server myself, I find that making a personal connection with my table is part of giving great service. Here the service is very disconnected, making the customer feel odd.
- Accident!RiRiDined on 9/20/2014Waitress dropped all the dirty dinner plates ,silverware & glasses...ON MY FOOT!!! we were going to the theater so it made for a very uncomfortable evening. My foot was bleeding and throbbing..Its better today but it was not fun!! They did comp my meal & dessert but it did ruin our evening,..no follow up phone calls or anything..Special Features:
- JenanlaDined on 9/19/2014We had a fabulous dinner accompanied by fabulous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience.nowinedineDined on 9/15/2014We really enjoyed the food and the wait staff was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!ab11Dined on 9/15/2014We go here for special occasions and have never had a bad meal. The beef is to die for, perfectly prepared. The wait staff is first class! This is the BEST RESTAURANT around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- main139Dined on 9/13/2014When we sat down, our wine glasses were dirty. The large table next to us had several drunk noisy individuals who occasionally used foul, obscene language. Very rowdy. The food was excellent. The service was great, tho they did rush us a bit at the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialnonameDined on 9/12/2014We dinned at the recommendation of a friend and were thrilled with our meals. The steaks were cooked to perfection and tasted superb. We also had the lamb, that was divine. The sides were large enough to share with the three of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnergottahaveitDined on 9/12/2014Best steak in Central Mass. Cooked to perfection. Medium rare all the way. Best damn mashed potatoes in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DinnerChris63Dined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and it will definitely Not be our last. The filet mignon was one of the best I ever had abd the service was amazing. Service here reminded me of how the service on cruise ships used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Had a great time. Our host Andrew and all the waitstaff were terrific. Will be back soon for the wonderful meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timer with gift cardDrewDined on 9/11/2014First time to chop house, service was a little over the top, rehearsed a little to robotic for me but you were being taken care of 150 % , so cant complain, but it was set up nice with a comfortable feel to it , and most importantly the food was excellent and I eat at alot of good restaurants,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Our severs, John and Louis, were attenative while not over bearing. They made sure the birthday celebration was special. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop 111OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Service was outstanding. Crab and avocado appetizer we highly recommend. Filet mignon was good but not great. Excellent wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantNancianna22VIPDined on 9/10/2014We were celebrating our son & his girlfriends purchase of their new home. Wanted nice but not too foofie. Sat in the bar area at a table @ ordered off the "Happy Hour"menu! All I can say is WOW!! Apps & entrees were outstanding! From the crab & avocado to the sushi! From the sirloin to the open faced steak sandwich!! Service was 5 stars!! And BTW, the you bread pudding was shared by the 4 of us! Will return when when we come to visit the kids again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatAureliusDined on 9/10/2014As always the food and service were excellent. My wife and I tend to go here for special occasions and this was our 15 year anniversary. The only criticism I have concerns the Caesar salad. This is a lazy chef's version. If he reads this he will know what I mean. I love Caesar salad and have eaten them all over the country. And the parmesan crisp ...not executed well. The rest of the meal was wonderful and the waiters were outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.