111 Chop House
111 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
111 Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.111chophouse.com/
- Phone: (508) 799-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Please be advised, we do not accept reservations for bar table seating during our Happy Hour time period from 4:00pm-7:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Cannon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: One Eleven Chop House has one beautifully-appointed room for 25 to 40 people. The room is elegant without being pretentious. It features vintage posters, dark woods and a display of the restaurant's award-winning wine. it offers the timeless decor of a classic New York or Chicago steak house.
- Private Party Contact: Faith Shannon 508-799-4111x
A word from 111 Chop House
The idea behind One Eleven Chop House was to establish a Chicago-style steakhouse right here in Worcester. The elegance and sophistication of the decor complements some of the best-tasting steaks and chops you'll find anywhere. All of our cuts are either certified prime-grade or in the top 10% of the choice grade. And they're all expertly prepared. Choose from traditional steaks done right or less traditional favorites, such as Long Island Duck Two Ways, Sirloin Encrusted in Black Pepper with a Shallot Brandy Cream Sauce, or a Mixed Grill of Filet Mignon, Confit of Duck and Blackened Shrimp.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
111 Chop House - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
111 Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)notable wine list (101)fit for foodies (98)romantic (77)good for groups (68)vibrant bar scene (56)hot spot (45)neighborhood gem (41)late-night find (11)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2009The food was very good but the waitress was constantly seeming to rush us. It was a busy Saturday night but we had reservations and we were meeting friends coming an hour from the opposite direction. It was not relaxing.....Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2009Excellent food and service, worthwhile investment!Special Features:
- 111 Chop House in Worcester,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2009111 Chop House in Worcester, MA was great. It was our first eatting ther and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Food was good. This is theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2009Food was good. This is the only good thing I could say. 8:30 reservations and didn't get a table until 9:30. What is the point of a reservation? Also, there were two fights in the middle of the restaurant. The staff or management made no effort to remove the group involved in the fight. The same man was involved in both fights. Managemnt never offered an apology either. Not sure if I will dine here again.
- Dinner was great, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2009Dinner was great, the food excellent. However, 2 things bothered our party of 5. We had 7:30 reservations and weren't seated until 8:15pm and when dinner arrived, all but one dinner came out and it was several minutes later that dinner #5 arrived at the table. We would like to try 111 Chop House again in hopes that it was a just an off night, but we noticed several surrounding tables getting far superior service. We are not the complaining sort of people, but we would be more likely to go back to the sister restaurant Sole Proprietor, where we have had several excellent experiences.Special Features:
- we were here for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2009we were here for the first time to celebrate our 24 wedding anniversary. we were very happy when we called and asked if we could move our reservation from 6:30 to 7:00 but when we got there and you were packed in like sardines by the front door /bar for 45 minutes was not so great. the service was fantastic and it was certainly monumental because we were right in front of a real brawl. there was a party beside us with about 15 people and 2 started fighting and a 3rd older gentleman was trying to jump on the table after the 2 that were fighting. this has nothing to do with the restaurant and the management tried to gain control and throw one of the individuals out and to make as light of it as possible. of course my 21 year old daughter wasSpecial Features:
- We had received a gift cardOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2009We had received a gift card about three months ago and went to this restaurant. We enjoyed the total experience so much that we decided to go back for our anniversary. Another incredible experience!! We'll be back!!Special Features:
- Too loud! Auperb food, fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2009Too loud! Auperb food, fantastic service. Too loud.
- The food was very fresh, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2009The food was very fresh, and very high quality. It was very delicious, but a bit pricey.. For my wife and I, the bill came to $100, for an appetizer, two cocktails, two meals and desert...Special Features:
- We'd always heard about theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2009We'd always heard about the Chophouse but had yet to try it. This year we went for our anniversary and it was fantastic! We will definitely go back for our next special occasion. This place is a steak lovers dream.Special Features:
- Chop House offered an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2009Chop House offered an excellent dining experience. good suggestions from the waiter on specials and wine choices.Special Features:
- Some of best steak we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2009Some of best steak we have ever had, Cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2009We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner, and it was an excellent value for an outstanding beef tenderloin.Special Features:
- For the prices they chargeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2009For the prices they charge the food should be MUCH better....they are trying to be like the Boston steak houses, but the quality of the food does not compare!
- This is a great steak houselove2dineDined on 9/26/2009This is a great steak house that also offers really good seafood for the nonbeef eaters, steaks are done perfectly, side dishes are perfectly done. the wait staff is attentive and very well informed and the meal was paced nicely.Special Features:
- This was the 3rd or 4th timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2009This was the 3rd or 4th time that we have had dinner at 111 Chop House. Every meal was excellent in all respects--the food was terrific; the wait staff was knowledgable, freindly and very efficient; and the wine (and spirits) lists were extensive and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Easily the best fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2009Easily the best fine dining in Worcester. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- It was perfect. I took myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2009It was perfect. I took my boyfriend there for his birthday. I couldn't have made him happier. It was the best food we have ever had, and we have tried many places from Boston to Providence.Special Features:
- My husband and I went hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2009My husband and I went here for the first time for our anniversary. It was the best food either of us ever had. It was a little expensive to eat there on a regular basis but definately worth the money for a special occassion as we can not say enough about the food. We would definately recommend this to anyone, and have. It was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had!Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2009The food and atmosphere at the 111 Chop House are outstanding. The steak is out of this word and I am a big fan of their mac and cheese. There is only one thing better than the food at the 111 Chop House and that is the service. The wait staff is unbelievable at taking care of your needs and not rushing you what so ever. I was pleasantly suprised that our waiter sought us out on our way out the door to personally thank us. Oh and did I mention the steaks are to die for.Special Features:
- I have heard so much aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2009I have heard so much about 111 Chop House. Have to say I think it is a bit over rated. The food was good but not what I consider outstanding. For what you get I feel it is over priced. Try Alicante's Mediteranian Food in Mendon if you want to do better all around! This is the first time I've used the opentable to book a reservation. Just want to say how easy and efficient. I will continue to use this service. Thank you.
- From the quick valet serviceNanceDined on 9/19/2009From the quick valet service to the decadent dessert, our dining experience was complete! Was able to book a table at a reasonable hour online just a couple days before Saturday and had a great meal!Special Features:
- This was our first time atHarvestVIPDined on 9/17/2009This was our first time at 111 Chop after several times at both The Sole Proprietor and Via, both of which we love. The food at 111 was outstanding but it is a VERY noisy place. Next time I'll request a booth on that second level where I understand it is somewhat quieter.Special Features:
- It was our 30th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2009It was our 30th anniversary and the waiter remembered when he served our dessert. Also, when we left the restaurant staff wished us a "Happy Anniversary" again. I can't tell you how much that meant to us both. The food was great!!! Service was impeccable. We will definetely go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding service by staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2009Outstanding service by staff. Most of what I had I enjoyed.Special Features:
- I've been to 111 several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2009I've been to 111 several times and have enjoyed myself each time. The latest 2 times, we ate there twice in one week... we celebrated our 18th anniversary, and needed a very nice, local restaurant (due to time constraints on a school night!). 111 was the obvious choice, and the wait staff made us feel very special and cared for. The food was awesome too by the way!Special Features:
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2009The food was excellent, the service perfect. A little too noisy for my taste, though.
- We always have a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2009We always have a great time at 111. The only reason that I gave the food a "very good" as opposed to an "outstanding" was because the shrimp in the mixed grill was way overdone.Special Features:
- This was my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2009This was my first visit to the 111 Chop House. Went with my wife and another couple. Seated promptly and attended to with great care by all the staff. Food was served timely, nicely presented and cooked to order. Nicely done all around. Wasn't "wow'd", but then again it is not that type of place - certainly upscale all expected was met. Prices I found to be great based on the amount and quality of food served. Would highly recommend for others and I know I will be back.Special Features:
- This is the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2009This is the best restaurant in Worcester, and I would argue could take on the best in Manhattan. They consistently get it right....and the service...makes you king!Special Features:
- Excellent. This is my 2ndOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2009Excellent. This is my 2nd time there and both times I have been very pleased. LindaSpecial Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed the outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2009Thoroughly enjoyed the outstanding service team of two. Best steak we've ever tasted. Will dine there again when we are in town.
- The food was excellent, especiallygt8871aVIPDined on 8/28/2009The food was excellent, especially the meatloaf and corn off-the-cob. The filet sampler was fantastic as well and the steaks were cooked to perfection in terms of doneness. Also the wine list was fantastic, and extremely well priced. There are some really good values on the list, for example the Shafer One Point Five is $99 and retails for about $75 at your local wine shop. The staff was very knowledgeable about the wines as well and could provide very good suggestions depending on what you were in the mood for.Special Features:
- Excellent food combined withVincentVIPDined on 8/28/2009Excellent food combined with attentive service makes dinner at 111 Chop House a must if you are in Worcester.Special Features:
- This was the first time IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2009This was the first time I booked reservations online and also had flowers delivered to the restaurant. It could not have been any better. The flowers arrived and the Chop House had them in the cooler all day and were waiting at our table for us. The server was professional yet very warm and genuine. The food was top notch from the hanger steak to the white chocolate mousse. Great time, great staff, great food.Special Features:
- amazing. Can rival Abe andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2009amazing. Can rival Abe and Louies, Grill 23, and Morton's in Boston. Unbelievable food/service/ambiance for a much lower price than Boston's fine dining. I have dined here 5+ times and every time it is exceptional. Highly Recommend.Special Features:
- Average food. Overpriced.MortimerDined on 8/25/2009Average food. Overpriced. Very good service. Pedestrian wine list.
- The only critique I can musterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2009The only critique I can muster for the chophouse is that it was noisy. But you can't blame the restaurant for being packed given the excellent food and service. Worth the price!Special Features:
- Always delicious but sometimesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2009Always delicious but sometimes better than others. Excellent seafood as well as beef.Special Features:
- We love the 111 Chop House.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2009We love the 111 Chop House. Every experience there is a great experience!Special Features: