111 Chop House
111 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
111 Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.111chophouse.com/
- Phone: 508-799-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Please be advised, we do not accept reservations for bar table seating during our Happy Hour time period from 4:00pm-7:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Cannon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: One Eleven Chop House has one beautifully-appointed room for 25 to 40 people. The room is elegant without being pretentious. It features vintage posters, dark woods and a display of the restaurant's award-winning wine. it offers the timeless decor of a classic New York or Chicago steak house.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Frustaci 508-799-4111
A word from 111 Chop House
The idea behind One Eleven Chop House was to establish a Chicago-style steakhouse right here in Worcester. The elegance and sophistication of the decor complements some of the best-tasting steaks and chops you'll find anywhere. All of our cuts are either certified prime-grade or in the top 10% of the choice grade. And they're all expertly prepared. Choose from traditional steaks done right or less traditional favorites, such as Long Island Duck Two Ways, Sirloin Encrusted in Black Pepper with a Shallot Brandy Cream Sauce, or a Mixed Grill of Filet Mignon, Confit of Duck and Blackened Shrimp.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
111 Chop House - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
111 Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)notable wine list (95)romantic (74)fit for foodies (65)vibrant bar scene (59)good for groups (54)hot spot (39)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We had a fabulous dinner accompanied by fabulous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience.nowinedineDined on 9/15/2014We really enjoyed the food and the wait staff was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!ab11Dined on 9/15/2014We go here for special occasions and have never had a bad meal. The beef is to die for, perfectly prepared. The wait staff is first class! This is the BEST RESTAURANT around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- main139Dined on 9/13/2014When we sat down, our wine glasses were dirty. The large table next to us had several drunk noisy individuals who occasionally used foul, obscene language. Very rowdy. The food was excellent. The service was great, tho they did rush us a bit at the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialnonameDined on 9/12/2014We dinned at the recommendation of a friend and were thrilled with our meals. The steaks were cooked to perfection and tasted superb. We also had the lamb, that was divine. The sides were large enough to share with the three of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DinnerChris63Dined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and it will definitely Not be our last. The filet mignon was one of the best I ever had abd the service was amazing. Service here reminded me of how the service on cruise ships used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Had a great time. Our host Andrew and all the waitstaff were terrific. Will be back soon for the wonderful meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timer with gift cardDrewDined on 9/11/2014First time to chop house, service was a little over the top, rehearsed a little to robotic for me but you were being taken care of 150 % , so cant complain, but it was set up nice with a comfortable feel to it , and most importantly the food was excellent and I eat at alot of good restaurants,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Our severs, John and Louis, were attenative while not over bearing. They made sure the birthday celebration was special. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop 111OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Service was outstanding. Crab and avocado appetizer we highly recommend. Filet mignon was good but not great. Excellent wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantNancianna22VIPDined on 9/10/2014We were celebrating our son & his girlfriends purchase of their new home. Wanted nice but not too foofie. Sat in the bar area at a table @ ordered off the "Happy Hour"menu! All I can say is WOW!! Apps & entrees were outstanding! From the crab & avocado to the sushi! From the sirloin to the open faced steak sandwich!! Service was 5 stars!! And BTW, the you bread pudding was shared by the 4 of us! Will return when when we come to visit the kids again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatAureliusDined on 9/10/2014As always the food and service were excellent. My wife and I tend to go here for special occasions and this was our 15 year anniversary. The only criticism I have concerns the Caesar salad. This is a lazy chef's version. If he reads this he will know what I mean. I love Caesar salad and have eaten them all over the country. And the parmesan crisp ...not executed well. The rest of the meal was wonderful and the waiters were outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!BobADined on 9/9/2014111 is always a great experience in food and service. It is what all restaurants should strive to deliver.Special Features:
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING!!! Perfect date restaurant.Special Features:
- Fine dining the way it should bestarshineVIPDined on 9/4/2014Everything about our experience was outstanding. I chose a cut of meat that I hadn't ever tried before and didn't care for it. Our waiter insisted on bringing me another steak, which was brought out by the manager, who also took it off the bill, much to our great surprise. The service was impeccable and the waitstaff were knowledgeable, friendly and professional. We were there for our children's birthdays and everyone enjoyed their meals quite a bit. We could not have had a better experience if we had been in a Boston steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise, surprise!!!Apt03Dined on 9/1/2014A very, very nice dining experience. Excellent food with service to match!Special Features:
- Always a favorite!McSheehyDined on 8/31/2014The 111 is always our favorite for celebrating special occasions! Great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedSRCCVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was outstanding and the steaks were good...was expecting melt-in-your-mouth delicious for the price. Ambience was high energy hustle-bustle NYC style.Special Features:
- Didn't blow me awayJeanetteVIPDined on 8/30/2014Travelled an hour to eat at this restaurant. Had been told it was amazing. Oysters and shrimp were very good but the steak was just ok. Nothing special. I wasn't wowed. Capital Grille and Moryons are much, much better. Definitely not worth the drive but if you live in the area it's decent. Also the jackets worn by the wait staff are meant to be classy. But when they're ill-fitting, wrinkled and cheap looking it has the opposite effect. If you're going to go with jackets make the investment and get ones that are decent quality and actually fit. They make your wait staff look sloppy.
- Another HitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014You cannot beat dining at the 111. Outstanding, food and service! We are moving out of state and will miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great servicefrequentdiner1Dined on 8/26/2014Can't beat the food, although the menu is very limited. Definitely a red meat place. I had the swordfish, which was excellent, but would have liked more seafood choices.Special Features:
- Dinner at the Chop HousePJBleakneyDined on 8/23/2014Again 111 does not disappoint. From the opening wedge salad to the rib eye and endless flavored garlic red potatoes made for an evening I will not soon forget. we got to the restaurant early and were seated right away and the crowd started coming in and the noise level went up as well, but that did not deter us from our dining. No room for dessert, but all is well....GO THERE!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent experiencedinerDined on 8/23/2014Chophouse 111 never disappoints. We celebrated our joint birthdays and anniversary on Saturday, August 23 and the service was impeccable as was the food. We asked for advice on a wine choice and were given options and a chance to test each. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodbamDined on 8/23/2014The food selection is great, amazing wine list, excellent desserts. Amazingly enough good kid selection, especially for a picky eater like ours. Great steaks and perfectly cook, to your liking. This place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectPattypDined on 8/22/2014We were a party of 5 to celebrate my daughters 16th b-day. I requested a table in the bar area because we like the atmosphere. We were seated right away for a 7 PM reservation. Right upon being seated we all were freezing. We were right underneath the blower for the entire bar. We asked if there was another table available in the restaurant if it wasn't as cold. They turned the blowers off instead, for the duration of our stay. Area accommodating. The food is always excellent. Four had filet, one had lamb. Cooked to perfection, served timely. The calamari appetizer and caprese salad were delicious. For my budget this is a splurge. But I'm never disappointed. This is our place to go for birthdays, anniversaries or any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceDined on 8/21/2014Special family nite out. Great food and service, nice wine list, little pricey. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- First TimeCAGSDined on 8/21/2014We had a great time, food and wine was very good and competitively priced. Special commendation to John and Caitlin for their excellent service.Special Features:
- Date Nightlizzy413Dined on 8/21/2014Delicious food! A bit pricey but not as bad as places in Boston! Server was great, very friendly.Special Features:
- best everjanandregDined on 8/20/20141st time visit was a wonderful experience. We will be back. We are still raving about the food and service. Our welcome and exit was also the best.Special Features:
- LuvgoodfoodDined on 8/19/2014I ordered the King Crab and instead of telling me they were out, they had some brought over from the Sole Proprietor (another restaurant with the same owners on the other side of the city) so they could satisfy my order. Then because I had to wait a little longer (I didn't even notice the delay!) they didn't charge us for our appetizers and dessert. Food was delicious. Staff was excellent! This is an excellent restaurant for food, service and ambiance. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- MikeTDined on 8/18/2014Service was excellent and food was great. Upscale in ambience but fun place.Special Features:
- Very good food.NewEnglandPreppyDined on 8/18/2014We went with a party of 5. All 5 entrees were quite good, in recipe as well as in preparation and presentation. All the entrees included a salad and enough vegetables to make for a meal. This made the overall cost quite reasonable, since we didn't have to order salads or sides. We ordered three desserts. The chocolate mousse was good, and it would be perfect for kids. The presentation is fancy, but the flavor is straight forward and sweet. The blueberry sorbet was also good: subtle. The blueberry cobbler, however, was not good. Several of us tried it, and it remained completely uneaten. It should be removed from the menu. It blemished an otherwise exceptional meal. We will definitely return, and we definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to celebrate birthdayJenniferDined on 8/17/2014My husband, teen-aged son, and I celebrated my husband's birthday here and were delighted. The service was friendly and professional; it is refreshing to see a restaurant dedicate clear effort in training servers and hosts. We all had appetizers, salads, steaks, and shared two desserts; having dined at top steak houses across the country, this was absolutely in the top tier (puts Ruth's Chris Boston to shame!). Food was fresh, inventive, and flavorful, each steak was cooked to the perfect, specified temperature (amazing how difficult that seems for so many places), and the wine list was outstanding. The only downside is that the bar area, which is open to the dining room, is dominated by 2 big TVs and is a bit noisy.Special Features:
- First, and likely, only timeTexasAggie94Dined on 8/17/2014Overall the food was good. I had swordfish that was perfectly prepared and my wife's pork chop was also good. However, we specifically went here because my son wanted a nice steak for his birthday. While his 30-day aged New York strip was flavorful, it was on the dry side, and it was not tender but very chewy. Bottom line, the food was good but not the steak, which is really the reason for going to a chop house...
- Always a TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant never fails. Great food. Hot food is always piping hot. Attentive service. Terrific desserts. A+.Special Features:
- go2worcesterDined on 8/16/2014The food is excellent and so is the service. Two waiters per table (on average) and attention to detail Overall, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to their reputation!!!Choket204Dined on 8/16/2014This place came highly recommended by several friends and rightfully so! Very attentive staff, looking proper in their white coats. Just because you serve steak doesn't make you a steakhouse (i'm looking at you Texas roadhouse and Outback). You want a proper cut of meat perfectly prepared, the Chop House is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersDebhitchDined on 8/16/2014We arrived and were seated right away. Excellent service. Food very good to excellent. But within 20 minutes the restaurant was full and we found ourselves almost yelling. That would be our only complaint the noise levelSpecial Features:
- Excellent and TastyeatmoredinnersDined on 8/16/2014The service was great. They were friendly, made sure that you had what you needed without being there too often. Just right. The food was very good, the deserts were awesome too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I rememberTheWaughsDined on 8/14/2014Maybe it was a mistake going during Worcester restaraunt week, but the food by far below par compared to what it was two years ago. My dry aged steak lacked any flavor and my wife's meal was horrible. The head server, Alex, disappeared after our meals were served and never came back to check on us or deliver the bill. Very disappointed in a place I had previously recommended comparing them to Capital Grille.Special Features: