New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.107west.com/
- Phone: (212) 864-1555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from 107 West
107 West is a neighborhood restaurant in the Upper West Side of Manhattan. We have been servicing the dining public for over 20 years. We specialize in American cuisine, good service and a comfortable environment. Chef Sabrina Lee joined us two years ago to combine her skills as a sushi chef to our American menu. We offer weekday drink specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
107 West reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)romantic (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- AlmaDined on 11/19/2014This is my go to restaurant when I want a good not over priced dinner in an ambience where I can hear my friends speak! 107 West is consistently goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I've been going to 107 West since the 1990s. It is a wonderful combination of relaxed atmosphere, diverse menu, quality food and execution, and reasonable price. I had a party that was very successful. Where else can you get broiled scallops, steak fajitas, blackened catfish, fried chicken, and a sushi platter, all done very well with knowledge of their individual peculiarities. Still my favorite place. If I still lived in the hood I'd be a regular. Thanks, 107 West. Keep up the great work. NSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic! Try it - you will love it.NYCVisitorDined on 11/16/2014We were so happy to find a restaurant in NYC with amazing food, a wide variety of options, and a quiet, peaceful ambiance. Highly recommend - everyone can find something they would love on the menu!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotletseatoutDined on 10/25/2014This time we had a group of 9 at 2:30 on Saturday. Nice feature is that the dinner menu (minus sushi) is also available at that time. The penne marinara was a hit, as was the linguini with shrimp and broccoli. This restaurant is always reliable; hope it doesn't go the way of it's neighbor, Indian Cafe, and close when its lease is up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, friendly restaurantletseatoutDined on 10/16/2014The dip with the on-the-house chips is delicious. The lime/tequila shrimp is a favorite wiith sauteed spinich and roasted potatoes (substituted for mashed). Can't beat the 1/2 price bottle of wine from 5-7pm, we had a decent Pinot Noir (Pennywyse). Only wish the bar with spots on TV was separated from the restaurant. All in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 72 reviews are from the 107 West reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/29/2014An old standby. Inexpensive, good food, large portions,friendly to children, comfortable place to go for brunch. Haven't tried dinner yet. Good bloody mary's for only $1 extra.Special Features:
- southern fried chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014Really enjoyed the southern fried chicken!! The cocktails were great, as was the duck entree. Friends order from the Japanese side of the menu and felt that they had better sushi at a Japanese restaurant. Overall a very nice neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- sandyDined on 5/25/2014Very nice experience, good food, and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood diningBocuseVIPDined on 4/2/2014107 west has good food at moderate prices and one of the widest ranges of foods I have ever seen in a restaurants. Anybody could find something to eat thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!kewjeanDined on 3/29/2014My family went recently to celebrate my twins birthday and had a fantastic time. There were twelve of us, 6 kids and 6 adults, and we all enjoyed our meals. I especially enjoyed the fried oyster appetizer and the lamb shank entree, delicious. The service was great as well. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Confused cuisineTmrbudDined on 3/26/2014Restaurant claims to be fusion but found food either overpriced or unimaginatively dull. Too much time for what seemed to be quickly prepare food. Heard it used to be better. Not worth trying again even though we need local places: (
- 107 West - Comfortable RestaurantBobdiVIPDined on 3/16/2014Great for a relaxing meal, with great food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper West Side DelightWinendine21Dined on 2/10/2014A friend and I went there for dinner and drinks. We enjoyed ourselves. The service was good and the decor was very cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite local spot in NYCKatererDined on 1/25/2014I love this place we have been coming here year after year for the last 3yrs. It's a local favorite of which we have made our own!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs more substance, less styleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/11/2014Let me begin by saying staff was very friendly and ment well. But we ordered drinks before placing our dinner order and the drinks arrived as we were finishing our appetizers. No explanation, either. We had two waitresses, for some odd reason, which complicated things too. Food was so-so. Nothing memorable. Idea of the east / west menu is clever and old work, but they have to up their game.
- Spare of the moment selectionMishDined on 1/11/2014Spare of the moment selection that everyone enjoyed. We had a party of 5 and everyone enjoyed their selection. Server was very informative and suggestion were on the mark.Special Features:
- Nice dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/20/2013The staff was awesome ~ attentive Fried Chicken truly was great also enjoyed the fried oysters After appy/dinner not much room for dessert Great cocktail menu ~ Very relaxedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary design; diverse menuBKPColumbiaDined on 12/11/2013The restaurant has a contemporary design with a diverse menu that can please all tastes. Notably, they do all things well. From sushi to Cajun to Latin to Italian, you can expect a great meal at an affordable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable and goodSUNYPARENTDined on 10/28/2013Two sided menu, one side EAST with sushi choices etc. The other WEST with a wide range of american choices. Two of us had appetizers from East and two from West. They were all very good. We all had WEST side dinners and all were very good. Nice inside. Prices were all reasonable from NYC. I would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely little neighborhoodCarolDined on 9/2/2013Lovely little neighborhood gem! Great food and wonderful ambience.Special Features:
- 107 West - Comfortable RestaurantBobdiVIPDined on 8/20/2013Service is always great and the menu has a wide variety of good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hustleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013The food was good and arrived timely - but service was lame. We finsihed our entree, the busboy removed the plates and the next thing we knew the waiter unceremoniously dropped the check on the table. It was pretty off putting. No inquiry about dessert or coffee or whatever. We called his colleague over and told her issue. She thought that was bad form. We did too - we ordered dessert and coffee and when finished, paid the bill. They should have comped us on something, coffe or dessert, for the bad service - but they did not. However, we tipped the full 20% because we thought the wait staff shares tips..and why punish to good staff for one lazy waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly boring and mediocre!suelevDined on 3/30/2013We order from 107 all the time and you can always count on it being good. But when we went to the restaurant the other night, that was a different experience. Everything about the food was mediocre or worse. Even the corn muffins they serve in the bread basket had absolutely no flavor. Not worth eating and wasting the calories. My meal was okay, not great- sauteed mahi mahi with spinach and a sweet potato. But my partner's breast of duck was extremely fatty, his side order of roasted potatoes was flavorless. Then we shared a dessert hoping that would at least be better- but their version of key lime pie was overkill with lime and not much else. A very disappointing meal.
- Wonderful Local Haunt;-)LitsaVIPDined on 3/21/2013I live in area so frequent this long established neighborhood haunt which offers consistently good food with excellent service at reasonable prices;-)Kinda like a 'Cheers' atmosphere at the bar where lots of locals gather for a drink.. to eat.. watch some sports and just enjoy some mingling.. or solo time.. at the end of a day! Where else can you get sushi as well as some of the best friend chicken and mashed potatoes all at the same place?;-)If in the area.. or not.. would highly rec to give this friendly and welcoming establishment a try.. and enJOY!Special Features:
- The restaurant did not haveDougDined on 2/19/2013The restaurant did not have my reservation (although it was made hours earlier), but since it was early, they managed to find an open table. The food was adequate, but the service was incredibly slow for a Thursday evening.Special Features:
- 107 West is a great all aroundRickVIPDined on 2/7/2013107 West is a great all around menu. It has wonderful sushi rolls plus a bit of Italian, American, salads, etc. Basically a high end diner with Japanese to boot. The atmosphere is nice too.
- Wide variety of food fromBobdiVIPDined on 2/7/2013Wide variety of food from Sushi to Southern Fried Chicken. Never had a bad meal, great specials.Special Features:
- This neighborhood gem hasRickVIPDined on 1/18/2013This neighborhood gem has food from all over the world. If you have a mixed group looking for a range between Japanese Sushi to Italian pasta, this is the place for you. All food done very well and the service was good too.
- Overall a nice restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Overall a nice restaurant. Bartender was good and made a descent martini. Service at the table was okay but a bit slow and ts server seemed to have her hands full even though the restaurant was not full. The corn muffins were good but were better when we asked them to warm them up. My biggest disappoint was that when I made the reservation I told them it was for a special birthday and asked them to make a special surprise dessert. I reminded them again when I confirmed the reservation. At dinner it never happened. It was a nice night ... It could have been a perfect night.Special Features:
- 107 WestBobdiVIPDined on 1/4/2013Wide variety of food with specials. Food is consistent and good. Great neighborhood restaurant. Wait staff is very attentive.Special Features:
- Liked it physically. CalamariEa1952VIPDined on 12/17/2012Liked it physically. Calamari had to have been frozen. Caesar salad Awful. Duck and salmon not bad. Wine inferior.
- A Neighborhood Favorite & GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/30/2012It is one of our favorite places in our neighborhood... and definitely the place from which we order in most of the time. It's truly a neighborhood gem for us. Why? They have a great and interesting variety to choose from on their menu - which easily pleases most palates and appetites. Moreover, it's well-prepared, tastes great.. and the service is friendly and caring. We find their prices to be very reasonable and more than fair. The space is well-designed and pleasing to both eye and one's mood. And in terms of our every day life on the Upper West Side, we would be at a loss without 107 West. We often choose it to meet and eat with friends and family. We highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- 107 WestBobdiVIPDined on 10/25/2012Variety of food is extraordinary. Good sushi & sashimi. Great drinks and very friendly service. Have dinner here once or twice a week.Special Features:
- 107 West - great placeBobdiVIPDined on 10/23/2012Wide range of food choices and all are very good. Great drinks as well.Special Features:
- Front of the restaurant shouldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2012Front of the restaurant should feel as personal as the back. Looked like a whole different restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was underwhelming asOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2012Food was underwhelming as it reminded me of a little fancier diner. Varied dining options but no sense to the menu. Portions were large but the food was disappointing.
- The restaurant is charming.Pal43Dined on 7/20/2012The restaurant is charming. Food was very good; everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was excellent; the server was knowledgable and attentive.Special Features:
- This was our first time here.yk841pinkDined on 7/15/2012This was our first time here. We chose this restaurant just because we were in the neighborhood. We didn't expect too much, but it was better than we expected. We went out for late brunch. There was a basket of baked goods (comp) which was yummy and also we ordered 99C bloody mary (good size and strong). Food was good, nice and quiet restaurant. We will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- What we liked most was thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2012What we liked most was that we were not rushed! It was very prompt service without being rushed. It was a very comfortable restaurant and it was easy for us to talk and catch up.Special Features:
- Slow service, no air conditioningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/19/2012Slow service, no air conditioning on a hot day, food just ok. Brunch menu options limited to mostly eggs, waffles, or fried chicken.