104 by the Ocean
104 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
104 by the Ocean
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://104bytheocean.com/
- Phone: 3105766104
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for inquiries regarding your next private event. 104 by the Ocean can accommodate groups Monday-Thursday. We do not charge a rental fee and can accommodate groups of 30 seated/80 standing.
- Private Party Contact: Simone Marilli 3105766104
A word from 104 by the Ocean
Visit 104 by the Ocean for a lengthy selection of wines. Food options include local & organic produce, charcuterie plates, cheese plates, paninis, salads and more. 104 by the Ocean also offers pre fixed meals with wine pairings 2-3 times a month. Come by and enjoy a glass of wine on our patio while watching the sun go down over the ocean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
104 by the Ocean reviews from OpenTable diners
- Solid wine barOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013The food is just decent enough for me not to complain. I probably would not recommend this place for the food alone, but let's face it...that's not why i went in the first place. The wine menu is great, plenty of selection and a unique and unparalled wine tasting experience in Santa Monica. This place is perfect for the oenophile or someone looking to taste some new wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The selection of wines isRonInSantaMonicaVIPDined on 4/20/2013The selection of wines is of course extensive, but the food left a lot to be desired. The pizza was particularly bad, it had obviously been frozen and was served to us lukewarm, the cheese not melted. I had already taken a bite of one piece before realizing how underheated it was and the waitress took it all, including the piece I started back to heat up. It returned hot and the crust was like leather.
- Excellent selection of wine,JackVIPDined on 3/7/2013Excellent selection of wine, all easily sampled. A fun adventure.Special Features:
- Good for wine- not so much for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2013This was a bit different than I expected. This is really a place to go for wine tastings asThey have a special and an easy way to get your own wine tasting going. Food Says small plates- but even the entrees (at full plate prices) were the size of tapas. The vegetable with my meal where bell peppers-- which by them selves rarely constituteWhat should be a vegetable in a restaurant. The Ambience of the place is nice, a great place to have a couple glasses of wine and appetizer with a date. I wouldn't recommend it for a evening meal.Special Features:
- Safe to go back to the water.DisappointedDined on 2/9/2013At odds with recent reviews citing a decline in quality (evidently following change in management), a variety of dishes shared among three people were never worse than good and were sometimes inspired. Among the latter, I'd eat the shrimp and the lentil salad again in a heartbeat. The service was attentive but not fawning. The only quibble was the high-pricing for the wine selection, but likely that's a necessary evil in this particular neighborhood.Special Features:
- staff was very friendly andSioinSMVIPDined on 2/2/2013staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the wines, also informed us that food was bought from local farmers markets. We got there kind of early at 7 but place really picked up around 8. The waiter forgot one of our entrees and was so apologetic as was the whole staff for the rest of the evening. We simply just asked if was coming and they immediately took it off the bill which was not necessary at all. Great placeSpecial Features:
- Everything went great exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Everything went great except the parking information listed on Open Table is invalid & they only validate if you use Valet parking, NOT if you park in the structure as stated on Open Table....Special Features:
- I really enjoyed my eveningLeahLosAngelesVIPDined on 11/30/2012I really enjoyed my evening here at 104 by the Ocean. My friend Kelly and I had a girl's night wine tasting outing and it was really fun. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable about the food and wines and really fun. The food was delicious. My only complaint was the lighting was a little bright for me. They could stand to lower the light and have some candles inside to create ambiance. Overall we had a great time! LeahSpecial Features:
- Just drink, don't eat here.jennyeatsworldVIPDined on 11/14/2012We were the only table there yet we waited between 1-1.5 hour for our food. We just ordered simple panini sandwiches and 1 duck. The place itself is cool, and recommended to hang out for drinks. If you have hunger, try a different place in the area.Special Features:
- Definitely a hidden gem. HopeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2012Definitely a hidden gem. Hope traffic picks up compared to when we were there -- deserves it. Great wine selection / concept and very attentive sommelier and hostess.Special Features: