101 Restaurant & Lounge
215 W College Ave.
Tallahassee, FL 32301Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
101 Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://101tally.com/
- Phone: 8503911309x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm -2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite, as well as, onsite catering is available. Want to have an event? We also have a variety of venues available if you are interested in 101 Restaurant hosting your private event or party.
- Entertainment: Wine Down Wednesdays, Karoake Thursdays, Friday Night Lights, and Socialite Saturdays. Live music and entertainment every night in Mint Lounge Wednesday through Saturday.
A word from 101 Restaurant & Lounge
Situated in the heart of downtown Tallahassee’s Kleman Plaza, 101 Restaurant combines southern hospitality with big city style. 101 Restaurant has been a staple for downtown diners over the years, just steps away from the Capitol and a few blocks from the Florida State University campus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
101 Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- OverpricedSocialbutterflyDined on 5/3/2014I've been to 101 before and thought it was a little pricy, but still a nice restaurant so I decided to have my graduation lunch there. They had a much smaller menu selection and higher prices just for that weekend. The food is tasty don't get me wrong, I just have a problem with restaurants who gouge their customers when they know they're going to have a lot of business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problematic but understandingDf725Dined on 3/28/2014Had a reservation on a Thursday night for dinner and happy hour. The restaurant was packed and had to wait for a table which was fine. The card machines were down and it was very hectic, hostesses and staff were all very accommodating. Once finally sat ordered drinks and food and service was as good as it could be for the situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Honor ReservationFirstTimerDined on 3/22/2014Despite having a reservation for a group of 10 we had to wait because like they said they gave our table to another group. Then we were all seated in 2 tables put together that are meant to sit 1 person per side but they crammed 2 chairs together. After ordering our drinks one was incomplete and the waiter said he took it before it was done. They did make it up by giving us a complementary shot. The food was good but it the service was not the best.Special Features:
- ConcernsGreatplaceVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food, service and atmophere was good. However, I think they can work on the proper handling of certain items. When making drinks they do not use the ice scooper they use the glass as the scoop. This is against health department guidelines. Also when adding garnishes for the drinks such as fruit the server used their fingers not a toothpick or tongs, another health department violation.Special Features:
- Tallahassee GemJenniferVIPDined on 3/19/2014My fiancé and I love dining at 101. Beautiful classy decor and ambiance. Excellent food and drink menus. Comfortable outdoor patio. Whenever we visit Tallahassee we make sure to enjoy a night here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!SocialbutterflyDined on 3/7/2014Overall everything was perfect, my water glass was never empty (they put cucumber slices instead of lemon - delicious), the food came out promptly, I got the chicken Cesar salad - good amount of chicken, but the croutons were stale. I give this place two thumbs up, I've already made a reservation to come back here !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food- Slow Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014101 is one of my favorite places to dine in Tallahassee. We love the great downtown location and its always busy for dinner (not to mention one of the nicest happy hours in town). Made a reservation in advance and was promptly seated, however it took the server over 45 minutes to come back and take our order. I recommend 101 as long as you have plenty of time to enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining 101TArgersingerDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I enjoyed a fabulous dinner at 101 Restaurant in Tallahassee. Celebrating Valentine's Day was made more fun by the energetic atmosphere and, of course, the wonderful food. Our waiter was friendly and appropriately attentive. The decor was very nice, and the manager went out of his way to seat us even though we were 20 minutes early for our reservation. We will definitely come again!Special Features:
- Valentines Day DinnerLadyLawyerDined on 2/14/2014We usually don't go out for Valentine's Day dinner, and I remembered why after we got to 101. The place was packed and very noisy. Even though we had reservations, we were seated at a table right by the kitchen and bathrooms, which was in a high traffic area and not at all romantic. On a good note, our server was friendly and attentive, and the food was very good. We would go again, but not on Valentine's Day or other occasion where the place will be so crowded and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014With a reservation, we were seated immediately even though the restaurant was pretty packed. Drinks were strong, food was delicious, service was friendly. They did forget one of our side orders, but took it off the bill right away. Always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewCustomerDined on 2/8/2014Went for a birthday dinner. We all were really craving items that were not on the menu for Saturday nights. Apparently they don't serve certain things on the weekend anymore....um what? The server was super slow. Took forever to order anything, and to get our checks. You would think she would be quick about that to turn tables. Noticed the managers walking around and helping out. That's always nice! Overall, not complaining except for we went for certain food and couldn't get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a group of 8 diningJaxcmm22Dined on 2/7/2014We had a group of 8 dining here (and needing to get through it in an hour and a half for an event we were attending) and they handled it very well. The drinks and food were excellent, the ambiance elegant but casually comfortable. Looked like a fun and popular bar scene as well.Special Features:
- Cool Place, butMichaelDined on 2/1/2014they stuck us in a private room where there was no energy, music, etc. the main dining area was busy and fun and had lots going on. the private area was quiet and felt like the old people section. would not want to go back if they seated us there.Special Features:
- One of the Best in TallyCSDinerDined on 12/12/2013This was a great find for our celebration of my daughters graduation from FSU. We had a fairly large party and were well treated. The food was very good as well. Diverse selection of food styles, excellent drinks and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the girlsMeandmygirlzDined on 10/11/2013I decided on 101 for my Birthday dinner, bc I tried 101 before and loved it! I invited my girls and we really enjoyed the good and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents Weekend @ FSUFoodTouristDined on 10/6/2013We went for a late lunch on Sunday before heading home. Service was great, but many items on the menu were not available. Spinach and artichoke dip and hummus for starters were great. The tenderloin tips and pork chop were over cooked, seared tuna was great. Will have to go back on a not so busy weekend to give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer servicejjdpmdDined on 10/4/2013I emailed about a reservation and received prompt personal emails back. The wait staff were super also.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy birthday girlBirthdaybabeDined on 9/27/2013I came to 101 because it was my birthday and I wanted somewhere nice to celebrate. I came here last year for my previous birthday and had a great time with friends and family. This year, not so much. I'm not sure if it was the waiter's first day, but he was highly disorganized. I'm a server in a busy restaurant as we'll, so I know what a rush feels like. It took entirely too long for our food to come out and drinks were almost forgotten about. What disappointed me the most is how nasty the calamari was. Usually the calamari is amazing, but it was all dried up and tasted old, but I didn't want to complain and give him an even harder time, so I just sucked it up and consumed the rubber like excuse for a meal. I'll surely be back another time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good enoughpaulieDined on 9/16/2013It was a slow night, there was to much staff and they were all standing around talking and watching tv. The service was poor and the indoor dining area was hot. The food was good and I enjoyed the cocktails but nothing special.Special Features:
- QualityFGRparisDined on 7/13/2013Would recommend 101 to anyone visiting the Tallahassee areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Young Crowd, Good FoodVocalPelicanDined on 7/6/2013Located in the heart of Tallahassee, it's full of young University students and life. The atmospher is that of a rustic bar, but with no smoking or blaring music, quite a pleasant place to eat. The service was exceptable, we certainly didn't feel neglected. All in all, it's a nice place to have a casual dinner, and if you're in your early 20s, a fun place to hangout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCarolineDined on 6/25/2013Always love coming here. Great atmosphere, food, prices and very livelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make sure you go during happy hourTinaDined on 6/8/2013The food is delicious and well worth the trip alone. And especially for those who enjoy a good selection of martinis and specialty drinks, you will not at all be disappointed! (Make sure to order at least one Oatmeal Cookie martini!! We had to order a 2nd one after my friend tried mine lol.) But the thing that makes this a must is their happy hour. Or should I say happy hourS, because they have 2 every day. During happy hour, food is 25% off and drinks are 50% off, which for the record, makes those aforementioned specialty martinis and drinks about $4 a piece!! (And they are not watered down or made with cheap wells stuff either. We're talking Goldschlagger, Bailey's etc.) Suffice to say definitely try this place! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2013It was so loud I couldn't hear my boyfriend who was sitting across from me, and we were at one of those tall, narrow tables by the bar. The waiter was very nice and was just a little slow bringing drinks. We could see the bar and it wasn't crowded at all, so the wait was from him forgetting the drinks, not that the bar was backed up. The beer wasnt as cold as I would have liked. There were a LOT of college kids at that time (730 ish). Now to the food. It was amazing. I ordered salmon florentine with a citrus beurre blanc. It was actually a huge portion, too, for the price. My boyfriend got an amazing Tuscan pizza that was also very large. If you can stomach the loudness and hoards of immature kids around you,give it a shot.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerEllenDined on 5/18/2013Went with a group of 4 for a Sat. night dinner. We were pleased at being able to make Sat night reservations and were seated promptly. We were able to sit at seating requested (booth). The menu was extensive enough and there were additional specials. The appetizers were adequate for sharing. Entrees at our table ranged from large salads to meat and veggies. I needed gluten free and the chef made a sauce for me since that was a problem for the entree I wanted. I was just going to go sauceless but was offered that option. Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerKryztiDined on 5/12/2013My family took my mom to 101 Restaurant for Mother's Day on 5/12/13. I was the only one in my party of 4 who had previously visited this restaurant. We had an excellent waiter named Doug who was very attentive & friendly. My mom really enjoyed the service & food. She ordered the New York Strip (seasoned & cooked to perfection), with grilled asparagus (wonderful) & mashed potatoes (a little too salty). I shared the Mac & Cheese (good) and a Grilled Veggie Wrap (just ok) with my sister. My father, who is vegetarian, also ordered the wrap w/ Sweet Potato Fries (excellent). All-in-all my dad and sister liked the wrap ok, but wished for more vegetarian-friendly entree options like a Garden Burger or Pasta dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mother's Day mealJILLYVIPDined on 5/12/2013Lovely time at 101. One of my favorite restaurants in Tallahassee. Great food. Wonderful drinks.Special Features:
- Excellent Drinks & TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013The Tenderloins were excellent and simply like butter. My friend and I had Martinis which were reasonably priced and were really good. The atmosphere is real energetic and sociable. I would definitely recommend 101 for Happy Hour and after hours for dinner. Make an appointment before you go on a Friday or Saturday evening. Unless you don't mind paying for a drink and waiting outside for your table to be available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2013Went for Sunday brunch. Food was so, so. Service was poor. Took 28 mins just to get a plate of fruit as an appetizer. We've been for dinner before though, & the food, service, & atmosphere were great!
- My 30th Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013This was my 30th birthday party or 20, at 11pm they still had a decent menu and drinks specials. The server was very attentive, the room was busy and noisy, but we could still hear ourselves and have a great time. We really enjoyed ourselves and would be sure to return soon!Special Features: