100% de Agave
975 Lincoln St
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
100% de Agave
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.100deagave.com/
- Phone: 3037311100
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch & Dinner:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 100% de Agave
Like Tequila distilling, 100% de Agave has taken years to perfect our menu, decor, and location. Downtown Denver has witnessed a menu or experience like what we have waited patiently to provide. Come experience our selection of over 100 premium tequilas, the tastes of old Jalisco, Mexico and the hospitality of our Mexican culture. FREE PARKING AT THE BEAUVALLON.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
100% de Agave reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Upscale MexicanCarolVIPDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I found this place by researching the Denver Restaurant Week menus. It is right nearby where our son has band rehearsals on Monday nights, so we can come back often. The food was delicious, with both traditional choices and more interesting entrees. My husband asked our server for some suggestions, and he had several favorites which he described to us. We like spicy food, so he chose a spicy shrimp dish. He loved it! I chose a chicken burrito, smothered with green chile. Since they did not have a spicy version of chile, I ordered some fresh chopped jalepenos on the side. My food was also delicious, although I unfortunately received a beef burrito instead of chicken. The server fixed it right away. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Made a reservation for a birthday dinner for 8 on short notice. We were seated at a great table in the back with a nice view. Everyone enjoyed their food. Great and different choices. The options for vegetarians were unique. The drinks were fantastic. The service was really great. The waitress and bus boy we had were fantastic, friendly, and attentive. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Not terrificBobbyeVIPDined on 7/30/2014Great ambience. Food and service were marginal. Would not be a place I would return too
- BpiperVIPDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was scheduled to close to the public for a private event at 7pm. But they took a 6pm reservation via open table with no mention of this. When we entered the restaurant there was a sign on the door. We were baffled but proceeded inside. We told them that we had a reservation@6pm for 3 people. They seemed a bit surprised, confirmed that they were indeed closing at 7. No apologies, but the offer to get us in and out in an hour. It was a Sat night, we were out for an evening together, not for quick serve. End of story, never again.
- Dining at 100%OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014The service was amazing and we had a very large group. They were very attentive to all of our needs to include refills and food was serviced in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food okACampDined on 6/18/2014I would not recommend. The chicken was fishy tastingSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!foodie81Dined on 6/12/2014I made reservations through open table for this place based on price mostly. My mom was here visiting, and I wanted to take her and a group of friends to a good place. Had no idea I would walk out of there as impressed as I was. The food was fantastic, and plentiful for the price. Also, one of my friends is vegan, and they have vegan options that she as very happy with. We were a group of about 10, and they were very accommodating. We all raved about it when we left. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants quality food, drinks, and service, for not such a high price. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best gourmet Mexican FoodTravelBobDined on 6/2/2014We went on a Monday night and were surprised to find out it was 2 for 1 margarita night. Try a Strawberry Mango mix...excellent. The food was very good...great sauces, nice presentation. Just the right amount of spice. Everything was perfectly cooked. The service was excellent as well...the whole staff was very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Margarita MondayRiverwoodschrisVIPDined on 5/19/2014Ate here while at a convention in Denver and we're lucky to be there on margarita Monday with 2 for 1 margaritas. The steak salad was delicious with a light vinegarette and my dining companion thought her sopas were excellent as well.Special Features:
- Great MexicanCRGirlDined on 5/10/2014We went for the first time this past Saturday night. We really enjoyed the food and finally found a place with authentic mexican. The flavors were great and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Good Mexican Food!MoodyFoodieVIPDined on 5/2/2014We have lived in Denver for 4 years now and have tired many many Mexican restaurants. Yes, including the ones rated Denver's Best and to no avail. Finally we have found a place with good Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the 100% de Agave reviews archive.
- Mediocre, at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2014Have read about this place and wanted to go for awhile, but sorry to say I was disappointed. Not awful, but nothing special or memorable regarding service and food. Flavors, for the most part. were very bland and tired. Nothing 'fresh or interesting.' Had a fairly tasty spicy margarita, but that's the best I can say aside from the location is good, the bathroom was decent and I had no issues parking.
- Just OKchowchowDined on 4/18/2014Guacamole was good, but the main dishes were underwhelming. We got two shrimp dishes, and the shrimp didn't exactly meet my expectations for "large" as described on the menu. There were only about 8 shrimp per plate, and we definitely left hungry. We saw some fajitas come out to another table that looked better, so maybe we just ordered wrong. Service was good though.
- Creative & Delicious!misch839Dined on 4/11/2014This restaurant has wonderful food, and dishes that I have not seen anywhere else in Denver. Loved the mushroom salsa and the lobster ceviche!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really BadSammycakesVIPDined on 4/5/2014Like in real estate, location is everything. Our table was in the hallway with a view of the bathrooms. I don't think the staff has been properly trained. When our server brought the appetizers, he did not bring side plates. The next time we saw our server he delivered our dinner which barely fit on the table. He did not clear the dishes and then returned with our side dishes. Again, we squeezed them in and he left without clearing the table. What was delivered for our entrees were chicken breasts that had been grilled and then covered in a sauce. My friend took one bite of his chicken mole. I ate half of my chicken culichi. Our server asked if we wanted boxes for our leftovers. We said no. It tasted like fast food. We won't be back.
- Service was friendly and quick.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Service was friendly and quick. Food was nothing special. Won't go backSpecial Features:
- Very good experiencefoodieDined on 4/5/20142nd time visiting and was thrilled that it continues to be just as good as the first! Will definately be back.Special Features:
- ExcellentLudlowDined on 4/5/2014We stopped in on the way to a show at Dazzle. Staff showed us to a table immediately. Server was friendly, polite and knew the menu. She even suggested a modification to accommodate our request. The food came quickly. It was presented well and tasted very good. Portions were just right; neither stingy nor overwhelming. Moderate noise from the adjoining bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A FindCatherineVIPDined on 4/3/2014Service Was Outstanding!! Food was Great so much better than other Mexican Resturants! Price was right & a very nice, clean place!!Special Features:
- Bad attitude, bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2014The chicken mole dish I ordered was very bland. Worst mole I've ever tasted. Two of my son's were ok with their orders. My third son couldn't eat his. We had to ask for water, then had to ask the water guy to find our waitress so we could order more drinks. The margaritas were good. I complained that I did not get the plantains that were supposed to come with my meal. I happen to really like plantains. The waitress and manager, especially the manager, acted shocked that I would expect a discount for that and the manager was quite rude about it. Overall, an expensive mistake I won't repeat.
- Yum!NicoleDined on 2/28/2014We had a great time at this restaurant. We went with friends and family for my birthday. We ordered a bottle of tequila that was accompanied with mixers, I also had the spicy mango margarita and ceviche, a few others ordered molchajete which was also delicious! The service was great and the food and drinks were quick! I love this place and will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service&Food Great,Dirty RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014We went to 100% de Agave for Restaurant week. Our server was amazing, very helpful and knowledgeable. Food was great although not sure how good of a deal it was for restaurant week. Menus had food stuck to them and stunk, tables were sticky and unfinished. Decor and ambiance was nice, cleaning up the restaurant would do wonders.Special Features:
- This is very authentic!HananVIPDined on 2/25/2014I love this place! I haven't had any issues here except once and that my eggs weren't cooked right. Everything about it is delicious including the owners and the bartenders !!! What can I say. See for yourself. The Latino men are HOT !!!!! And their tequila selection is very nice ! Bottoms upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% de AgavekatelynbhickmanDined on 2/22/2014We tried 100% de Agave for the first time during opening night of Restaurant Week, February 2014. They certainly live up to their name and offer 100s of different tequilas and drinks. Our prefix menu offered a good variety of classic Mexican dishes. The house margarita and the salsas were delicious. Our food was good although I'd like to go back and try something different off the regular menu. I'm sure places get super busy during Restaurant Week, so what they offered on the menu seemed to be easy options that were premade and fried. And by no fault of her own, our server was very distracted. Our food was never late, but the poor girl spent the whole evening running her feet off and barely spoke to us apart from taking our orders.Special Features:
- Authentic Mexican FoodFamousamos915Dined on 2/20/2014After a return trip to Mexico last year, we have been trying to find a location here in Denver that would have food similar to the authentic food we had in Mexico. 100% de Agave has it!!! Plus, the Silver Coin Margaritas are spot on to a location we loved in Mexico. Can't wait for our next visit to 100% de Agave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking on the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014I went here with a group of people and it was not busy at all (on a Tuesday 7:30). Very cool interior design and the Mexican food was pretty good! However, our waitress was not very nice, helpful, and took a long time when there was no one else in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican restaurant in DenverBdogg25Dined on 2/14/2014Detail detail detail.... from the food to the decor the owners really pay attention to the details and it pays off. The interior is amazing and the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceviche......Yum.StpezfozDined on 2/8/2014The appetizer ceviche was spectacular. The main courses were good but lacked great definition on the menu. The wait staff were unsure of certain sauces but offered to bring samples......I didn't accept . Overall a great experience ! Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Great placeV123Dined on 1/18/2014I loved the ambience, decor, high ceilings and it reminded me of Mexico. The food was great and had a large of price options. I went for my birthday with my girlfriends and plan to bring my fiance there because he'd love it. I also like it's not right downtown and there's a parking garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always : great!Anne123VIPDined on 1/17/2014I have been here on several different occasions: with family, business lunch, happy hour, etc and it always has been an great experience. Efficient and fast service, great food and drinks and awesome prices! Will continue coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for our girls night,SaucyItalianVIPDined on 1/11/2014Good place for our girls night, food was great. Drinks weren't very strong but tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for vegetariansvegefoodieDined on 1/4/2014Loved the amount of vegetable options at the restaurant. So many more options than any of the other restaurants listed on open table! And very unexpected for Mexican food,not your typical burritos and enchiladas, loved it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I found itUrbanwomanVIPDined on 12/31/2013Con: really noisy but it was New Year's Eve Pro: very good food. Wait staff scurrying about to make sure drinks and chips flowed. Margaritas were strong. Pro or con? Don't miss ordering guacamole made at table. I am not a great fan of guacamole and I devoured this. Pollo con su crema was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveNewYearsDined on 12/31/2013Service was a bit slow, but expected as the restaurant was quite busy with multiple large groups. Overall, the drinks were amazing, the chips/salsa were great, and the food was good! Service was friendly and approachable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacularly okthelastbobbyDined on 12/31/2013I had the scallop ceviche and it tasted like eating a lemon... almost too citrus-y to finish the whole thing-- could barely taste the other ingredients, save the jalapeno which made it spicy every so often. The rest of my group's food looked... ok. The pictures on the menu (surprise) didnt look anything like what we actually got, and this includes the drink menu. They botched up the check at the end for our big group. Otherwise, the atmosphere was alright and they gave a good effort on their presentation. Mind you, I've only ever been there this one time... however, I will probably not go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Incredible!Megan007Dined on 12/30/2013I have to say this was our first time at Agave and it won't be our last. I consider myself a "foodie" and the vegetarian plate and the crab and shrimp enchiladas we had were incredible! The ceviche one of the best I have had and I have had some pretty amazing ones! David, our server was outstanding and I highly recommend this place. Delicious!Special Features:
- Quality Food at Fair PriceSaxelbyDined on 12/21/2013We had reservation for a party of 6. Three couples all neighbors celebrating the Christmas Season. It was a cold snowy night. Having underground, free, easy access parking was convenient. Our table and servers were ready when we arrived at 6:15 for our 6:30 reservation. From the time we arrived until we departed we were taken care of promptly and consistently by our server Christian. The appetizers and meals were all served promptly, at the same time, warm and cooked properly. I had their signature dish leaving me plenty of left overs to take home. We found the restaurant well laid out for our preference having open vibrant dining area on one side and energetic bar scene on the other side. We recommend 100% Agave and will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat find.MonkeyMattyVIPDined on 12/20/2013We arranged for a group gathering of old and new friends, a meet and greet type of thing. It was a great success. The food was fantastic, nobody had a meal that they did not enjoy. The drink, while they tasted good did not really have much alcohol in them however they were not priced out of control so it was okay. The service was not too bad but they pretty much left us alone to enjoy ourselves. (which was just fine, drinks refilled when needed). We had a great time and will return for more yummy street tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a "return to" restaurant.SpudsDined on 12/17/2013This is a "return to" restaurant. The margarita with cilantro and jalapeno was fabulous, but not for the faint of heart. The salsa presented were fresh and extremely tasty. The guacamole, made at our table, was as good as I've ever had with the ability to add more jalapeno to my own serving was a wonderful touch. I had the skirt steak with a mole enchilada which I highly recommend. The great atmosphere and wonderful service from David made this a great experience. I have already recommended to family and friends and look forward to returning. Also, there is free parking in the garage of Beauvalon where the restaurant is located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific - better than anticipatedIknowqualityVIPDined on 12/6/2013We hosted a quiet, older group of 10. This was our first visit to Agave so it was a bit of a risk. None of us drink but we do like great food with our time of fellowship. Agave delivered in every way. The service was wonderful - attentive, kind, gracious, informative, accurate. The food was good - generous portions, quality ingredients, fine flavors. Our group ordered a wide variety and no one was interested in sharing! In comparison to the appetizers and entrees, the desserts were pretty weak. We tried three and none of them pleased us. Although we were not a hip, partying group, we were treated very well and felt totally comfortable with those there that night who were!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.