10 Thomas at the Washington Plaza Hotel
10 Thomas Circle NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
10 Thomas at the Washington Plaza Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonplazahotel.com/dining/thomas-restaurant.cfm
- Phone: 2024086136x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Saturday
Breakfast 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Breakfast 7:00am - 11:00am
Breakfast Buffet 7:00am - 10:00am
Brunch Buffet 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Luca De Marchis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is located in the restaurant and can seat up to 16 guests. Our director of Food & Beverage, together, with Chef de Marchis will create a menu for your group that exceeds your expectations. Our entire restaurant is also available for groups of 150 and larger.
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Cunningham 2024086136x
A word from 10 Thomas at the Washington Plaza Hotel
This energetic Thomas Circle restaurant serves innovative Italian cuisine, including housemade pastas, unique flatbreads and traditional mains developed Chef Luca De Marchis. Because we use locally grown ingredients, our menu changes frequently, keeping the choices fresh and seasonal. The ambience is inviting at any time of day; watch the "early birds" at Thomas Circle in the morning, sunbathers taking a dip in our pool after lunch, or a beautiful sunset at the end of the day. Sip a glass of champagne or a cocktail by candlelight on our Poolside Terrace and make a wish while watching the stars over Washington, D.C.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
10 Thomas at the Washington Plaza Hotel - Best Restaurants in Logan Circle ›
10 Thomas at the Washington Plaza Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (8)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Dine and DipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great promo special Dine and Dip! $40 got us the unlimited brunch buffet (normally $38 on its own) and the use of the pool. Good strong drinks that we didn't have to wait to be refilled thanks Daniel (he was fantastic) We enjoyed the good selection of food, healthy salads and for us carnivores roasted Rib Eye and Pork Belly. Save some room for the dessert stationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poolside brunch at Thomas CircleDiningDorsVIPDined on 7/27/2014Who knew beyond the hedges there was a poolside oasis with free flowing mimosas, champagne and bloody Mary's for &39 (and unlike most places you can pick and change which one you want to drink throughout). During the week, the hotel bar gives off a weird international seedy vibe with a wide range of coming and goers, think Star Wars cantina meets the Friends cafe. During Sunday brunch tho, it has an upscale food vibe, Miami like. Try eating brunch by the pool, you will be pleased. (Food isn't very kid friend tho, i.e. omelets no scrambled, fancy desserts no ice cream).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much varietyLennyVIPDined on 7/6/2014The breakfast choices were limited and since this was for brunch, there should have been more for that meal. There could have been more lunch items too. The cooked meats selection was good. My wife liked her omelet. They said there were passed plates, but they only brought us one mini-reuben sandwich on which the corned beef did not cover the whole sandwich. We each got a plate with 4 silver dollar pancakes, but they also promised eggs benedict and did not bring that. They also did not offer to bring any additional passed plates. Desserts were good but also a limited selection of those.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014New spot in Thomas/Logan circle area. Definitely a great place to enjoy the nice warn weather of DC over the summer. Waiters do a good job: polite and always bringing new dishes to the table (The Sunday brunch is a buffet type of brunch). The place was not very crowded which was enjoyable. The buffet offers a variety of selections and since it was not crowded, everything was available. The cons of this place are two: -The bottomless mimosa mix was inconsistent: some times more orange juice than champagne. The main issue was I guess the quality of food. It was somewhat ok but certainly not grande cuisine. I guess this is new crew so they might need some time to adjust and improve the food and the mimosa mix...
- Fun place for brunchveronicajDined on 5/11/2014We went here for Mother's Day brunch. The brunch selection could be a little more varied, but the Italian twist on brunch is fun. The food is good, some dishes better than others. Excellent omlets, and we enjoyed the silver dollar pancakes brought out by the servers. Good chicken sausage. I heard the pork belly was very nice. The pastas weren't impressive, and the desserts were lacking -- all were very rich, nothing light and fruity like a sorbet or fruit tart. We were seated pretty far from the buffet, but other than that we liked our table and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day 2014walkDined on 5/11/2014The food was great and had different and inordinary selection. For the price you can't beat it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BrunchNitaDined on 5/11/2014Food was good as was service. Only complaint was the mimosas were very watered down. Couldn't taste any champagne. Tasted only orange juice with a lot of pulp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair brunch place, awesome dessertdee3741Dined on 5/11/2014Nothing too fantastic but nothing wrong with it either. I will say that brunch was a little overpriced considering the variety. I would only go back for the dessert- the mango cheesecake was outstanding, outside that, you can get the rest of the brunch for cheaperSpecial Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the 10 Thomas at the Washington Plaza Hotel reviews archive.
- Wonderful brunchAndrewDined on 5/4/2014The brunch is wonderful! I love having the combination of the buffet and small bites brought to the table. The donut holes are out of this world great - I could make a meal on those alone! The dessert buffet had lots of great options, especially the panna cotta. I definitely recommend checking out their brunch on Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverVIPDined on 4/27/2014The food was amazing - great choices and many new and different dishes. Well worth the visit.Special Features:
- Very friendly staffsteve91yDined on 4/20/2014Booked a last minute Easter brunch. All the staff were very helpful and attentive. The food was very good, and there were a lot of unique selections. The desert bar was very,very good. The only item to point out is that if you're looking for plain old scrambled eggs, bacon, and potatoes for a brunch, then this might not be the best place for you. A more tasty, sophisticated, and varied menu than your typical Sunday brunch. Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected finddcfoodieDined on 4/20/201410 Thomas was an unexpected find. Friendly staff, great service and a great brunch spot. Overall experience was wonderful. If you are looking for a good brunch spot with little or no wait times this is the place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014We had a wonderful brunch Sunday, the food was terrific! There is a huge variety of options, and everything we both had was fantastic. I would certainly recommend brunch at 10 Thomas.Special Features:
- What a Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2014There was a flyer in the lobby of my building and thought unlimited mimosas are always a good start :) The food was delicious and plentiful. The home made doughnuts were out of control. My waiter was great. I live a few blocks away and this is a great addition to the neighborhood for brunch. My Easter quandary has been solved as I already made a reservation. AND they have outside seating. Sunday 4/13/14 was a beautiful day and took full advantage of it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great service.leeann09Dined on 4/13/2014Great food, Great service. I would definitely recommend 10 Thomas to anyone looking for a quick bite to eat before heading out to enjoy DC for the day. the Brunch on Sundays is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a true neighborhood gem!girlcook22Dined on 4/13/2014I consider myself to be a brunching connoisseur and I love trying new spots, so I made a reservation here for last Sunday. We got there around 11:30am and it was not very crowded. There were actually only a few other tables but it is a brand new service, so it makes sense that they haven't built up a loyal following yet. But with food like this, they soon will!! It was a gorgeous morning, so we sat out on the sunny pool deck. Then we hit the buffet. They had typical items like pancakes, eggs-to-order station, fruit crepes, etc.- But then there's a station with pork belly, rib eye steak, roasted bone marrow, fresh salads and homemade pastas. And fresh-squeezed mimosas! Couldn't ask for more from a brunch, I'll definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchBrunchguyDCDined on 4/13/2014Had brunch here for the first time over the weekend. The food and service were excellent. The eggs benedict was delicious and the ribeye was cooked perfectly. There was a huge selection of salads and I kept going back for more of the quinoa. The unlimited mimosas and champagne were a great deal and I drank my fair share. We finished with the mango cheesecake and it was better than most of the desserts that I have had at the top restaurants in the city. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- MehAMAZINGDined on 4/4/2014Previous reviews led me to believe I was in for something special when in fact, it was just another dinner. I'm not a snob, but I eat out a lot and I take clients out, a lot, so... The food was alright-nothing crazy. Small menu-really small. Service was so-so, dude didn't seem to understand the formalities of ordering multiple bottles of wine. We ordered sides for the table and they came out 5 minutes before everyone's entrees and just sat there. It was alright. Not BAD but not as good as reviews led it to be. If you want something more local feeling (and not in a hotel) go elsewhere.