10 Degrees South
4183 Roswell Road
Atlanta, GA 30342Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
10 Degrees South
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.10degreessouth.com/
- Phone: 4047058870x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Mon - Sat: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Derek Anthony
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: 10 Degrees South offers both private & semi-private space. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Meagan Froyd 4047058870x
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday through Saturday.
A word from 10 Degrees South
10 Degrees South is the only restaurant of it's kind in the USA, specializing in South African cuisine. South African cuisine is a fusion of French, Portuguese, Dutch, German & Malaysian cuisines with strong Mediterranean influences. The restaurant was founded in 1998 in a small bungalow in Buckhead Atlanta. Six years later, inspiration was taken from the sophisticated & modern hotels of Cape Town to transform 10 Degrees South. 10 Degrees South offers the passion for life which means the love of friends, family, food & drink!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
10 Degrees South reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)special occasion (56)romantic (46)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (23)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Our First Visitregularguest20Dined on 8/22/2014We were impressed with the crisp, yet organic welcoming ambience. Our server and all other associates were quite pleasant and knowledgeable of the menu and wines. We enjoyed our meals very much and will definitely return to try more menu items.Special Features:
- FantasticSteveDined on 8/22/2014We visited for the first time Friday 8/22 and found the food and service to be excellent. We enjoyed a bottle of wine and nice intimate atmosphere at the bar and moved to the outdoor dining area for dinner. We sampled a selection of small plates and found the food to be outstanding. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Love it. One of my favsDinesoutVIPDined on 8/21/2014We go to this restaurant on a regular basis and every time we have excellent service and delicious food. Our favorites are the lobster spring rolls, caesar salad with biltong, chicken curry, king clip fish, and the prawns. You will love this place and the ambiance!Special Features:
- Amazing Birthday DinnerbiglouDined on 8/21/2014I was taken here for my birthday, by my wife. The food here was absolutely amazing. The place has nice ambiance and the décor is more upscale. We had the Safari Sampler. It was more than enough food for two people. I have recommended it to a number of people already and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rump steak!NYCfoodieDined on 7/30/2014I always get the rump steak appetizer! It is so good! The scene is pretty nice! I have been here on girls nights with a group and date night with my husband! Must try at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantKJ2014VIPDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten here 5 times and have never had a bad meal or experience. Food and service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great service and great foodLaokeda107Dined on 7/22/2014The service was excellent. Wasn't my 1st time there so I knew the food was good!! Place is a must! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Good Memories, Not this TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014I expected so much from 10 Degrees South because I had an amazing time there at my birthday a few years ago. I guess I'll have to leave those memories in the past. I was really hoping for better, but my experience was colored by the fact that I had to sit in the front area, which greatly changes the whole mood of dinner. I could have waited but I didn't want to given that I had a reservation. Plus, when I went to the bathroom, looked like plenty of open seats back there to me (shrug). Different lighting, closer tables, less cozy gives the front a completely different feel. The food was decent but I think $25 is a bit much for ground beef with an egg on top (beef bobotie): good flavor though! Likely, I won't be back, not worth it.Special Features:
- food was goodLove2DineDined on 7/19/2014Was expecting something a little more eclectic but the food was good. The ostrich was the most unique thing on the menu which just tastes like beef. The desserts were something you could just pick up at the store. What was advertised as a South African staple dessert was nothing more than a 4oz. milkshake that costs $8. All in all, everything we had was ok.....nothing there I wouldn't eat again but wouldn't recommend it for someone looking for a dining experience. Side note, the table of 20 apparently disrupted the entire restaurants ability to service every other customer. Dinner took way longer than it should, our waiter apologized every time he came to the table. Don't have large parties on a Saturday night if you can't handle them.
- Saturday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Brought friends who have never been. They loved it. Food was great as was the service. You always want people impressed with a new place and they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely outstandingJimmyDined on 7/16/2014I brought 4 colleagues there, including one person from South Africa, and we were all completely blown away. Everything we had was incredible.Special Features:
- Finally stoppedjmagicDined on 7/11/2014So, I've driven past this restaurant countless times over the past few years and every now and then when traffic is crawling I'd look over and think "We really should go there". Well, YOU really should go here. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the food and wine selections; very cordial and patient with us and our somewhat indecisiveness on what to eat. The food was outstanding. And that's me trying to be modest about this place. Seriously. Try it out. You'll be blown away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good flavorsJulingtonResidentVIPDined on 7/3/2014The bobotie spring rolls are very good, but my chicken curry was just average. It has nice ambience and the service was very good.Special Features:
- Great unique menu, nice cozy barJimmyDined on 7/2/2014If you go, I definitely recommend the bar in the back. It's a very cozy place and when we were there, there was a fantastic singer/guitarist that made for a great atmosphere. This place is like four different restaurants in one... the area in the front seemed like an add-on room that was very bright, the next dining room was dark and intimate, the back bar was more vibrant and fun, then they had a covered deck that seemed nice but isn't fully climate controlled (it was very warm that evening).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time hereDJCFDined on 6/27/2014It was our second time here with friends. Food is very good but I was a little disappointed about the vegetables as a side this time. They where quit uninspired and I wish they would have more different sides to choose.
- This Place is an Absolute Treasure!elleiraDined on 6/27/2014The food was absolutely delicious and exotic. The service was remarkable. I would dine here daily if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!ShanghaiSally02Dined on 6/25/2014I have dined at 10 Degrees South on numerous occasions. The food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Unique dishes & attentive service!LiveInTheATLDined on 6/20/2014There is a reason these guys have been taking care of the ATL for the last 16 years, great food and impressive service. The memorable small plates include the lobster spring rolls, stir fried calamari and the sosaties. Both of the entrees we tried the Cape klingclip fish and the beef bobotie were exceptional. My wife and I plan to return to try more of 10 Degrees South's unique dishes. Service was spot on and genuine. For an exceptional evening out request Robert Workman as your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience222wwwDined on 6/19/2014It was our first time coming, we were given a recommendation to try this restaurant. Did not disappoint! Our waiter didn't really familiarize us with the menu or the restaurant like the other waiter I heard not too far from us, which was probably the only disappointing thing I can think of, we just wanted a little more attention from him. The food was like nothing I ever tasted, EVER!Special Features:
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Great atmosphere. The staff was awsome and the food great! Thanks for being so accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGarthDined on 6/7/2014Had a very nice romantic dinner last Saturday evening. Food and service was outstanding. Wonderful South African wines to boot.Special Features:
- TastypriyagraceDined on 6/3/2014The food at 10 Degrees South was quite delicious. We had a number of appetizers (lobster rolls, butterfly shrimp with peri peri sauce and calamari), and then had the ostrich, rump steak, filet au poivre & the sosaties. The food was good, but there was something missing this time around at the restaurant, but I can't put my finger on it. So, I'd go back eventually, but not in a hurry to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transported Back to South AfricaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014I surprised my wife for our 2nd anniversary with a reservation. We had celebrated our first anniversary in S.A. to visit my wife's family, which was the first time I had sampled true S.A. cuisine. This also was our first time at 10 Degrees South, and we had high expectations for the restaurant. Our expectations were certainly met as we found the meal to authentic, delicious and flavorful, the wait staff to be particularly attentive and personable (even giving us complimentary champagne) and decor of candles, dark woods and S.A. elements to create a uniquely romantic atmosphere. The boerewors was really nice as a starter, and our entrees of beef bobotie and sosaties (beef) were fantastic. Overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Dinner at 10 Degrees SouthOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014The food here was very good. Service was excellent. The noise was a higher level than we like, but we knew coming in what it would be. All in all a great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Fantastic!!!! Brought back all the reminders of home.Special Features:
- GREAT!FoodiesX4Dined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed all the food, the dessert was unbelievable. We had the house special dessert cake and vanilla ice cream! Will definitely go to the restaurant again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!happycamperDined on 5/23/2014I came here with my parents and boyfriend for my birthday. The food was great. The lamb and prawns were memorable, I definitely recommend them. Our server showed up with a birthday flan, which was very nice of her. After dinner, we got drinks in the bar, which was so nice. There was live music and the ambience was great. I couldn't believe I'd never been here before. I have been to South Africa and there were definitely some authentically modern aspects at 10 Degrees South, not to mention, the plentiful South African wine options. I'll definitely come back!Special Features:
- disapointingvanilla33VIPDined on 5/23/2014they have been in business over 15 years, never had been there, but did seem to be lots of cars when I passed. we tried it, very different taste, but found it very disapointing. best part of meal was the bread which we had to ask our waiter to get, as he forgot to bring it. will not be back.Special Features:
- south african food at its finestyestodiningoutDined on 5/21/201410 Degrees South was recommended to us by some friends who are from South Africa. They were impressed so we knew it had to be good. We were not disappointed. We went with another couple and ordered some salads, the Bobotie spring rolls, and the Safari Sample Platter. Everything was delish! Our server was amazing and very knowledgable and the vibe inside is really great! I would highly recommend 10 Degrees South! Loved everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious!scubar17VIPDined on 5/21/2014My husband and I took a friend out for Restaurant Week and we decided to try this spot--and we're glad we did! It's hard to believe that this is the only restaurant that serves South African food in all of the US! The food was delicious and as my husband put it, "there were so many flavors dancing on my taste buds!" We were able to try a variety of items and can't wait to go back to try some more. Don't miss the homemade "sponge" cake--FABULOUS! The only reason I didn't give the restaurant an "outstanding" rating is because the service slowed down quite a bit after the entré was served, but other than that, our waiter (and the rest of the staff from the valét to the hostess) was very helpful and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new fave in ATLOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014Outstanding South African cuisine in an informal but very nice atmosphere. The prawns were to die for and service was terrific. I will definitely return and highly recommend.Special Features:
- What a Spot!TaraTVIPDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I met two friends there for dinner. We had all heard of the restaurant and were curious. We loved it! We had a drink at the bar first and loved the atmosphere and wine list. The bar and restaurant staff were courteous, friendly, and efficient. When we were seated for dinner, we were mezmerized by the menu. Everything we tried was unique and wonderful - from the wine to the beef jerkey to the chicken curry made with South African spices. We will definitely be back to this excellent spot.Special Features:
- Should be priced 10% lower or moreBoikieVIPDined on 5/16/2014I'm a fan of S African cuisine, but improving to beyond the Atlanta market with substandard service is a recipe for disaster. Wish them luck, but they need to re-think their pricing. If you are treated by someone else, try the prawns as a main.Special Features:
- Delicious and uniqueMaryBVIPDined on 5/16/2014Expand your palate with a taste of authentic South African food. Make sure you save room for dessert, the cake is outstanding!Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/16/2014Amazing food, don't miss out. We will be returning. Different place in ATL not like every other restaurant. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerLisaBDined on 5/15/2014I enjoy the experience very much. Tried several small plates and they all were a hit.Special Features:
- Bring a flashlightdiningcoworkersDined on 5/12/2014Our overall dining experience was good, but the restaurant is so dimly lit, you're going to need a flashlight to see the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a gemOlirobDined on 5/10/2014Great food and service. Seems everything on the menu is great. A friend who recommended this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!favplacVIPDined on 5/9/2014Our whole experience was memorable..we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service good foodDaveDined on 5/3/2014The service was bad. We waited more than an hour for our main course, our server was MIA for most of the night. It took us 20 to order dessert, we spent over 2 hours there. I'm guessing our server was new or she was really busy or both. But, the food was excellent, I would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 890 reviews are from the 10 Degrees South reviews archive.