10 NW Minnesota Ave
Bend, OR 97701Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oxfordhotelbend.com/the-kitchen.htm
- Phone: (541) 382-1010
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 6:00 am - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Northwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 10 Below
** Complimentary Valet Parking Provided **. Supporting the increasingly popular sustainable food movement, we prepare all our creations using fresh, local ingredients whenever possible, complementing our meals with fine wines and a variety of beers from Northwest wineries and local breweries. To view our menus, click "See menu >" above.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
10 Below reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)fit for foodies (9)romantic (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Pre concert diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2014Comfortable surroundings, very good food and outstanding service made for a perfect preamble to a concert at the Tower.Special Features:
- Special PlaceNew2BendDined on 11/8/2014This is a special place to dine for very special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely doneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This is a nice restaurant that we took our friends too because it is not overly crowded or noisy. The finishings are austere, not warm, probably trying a bit too hard to be edgy and modern. The service was slightly above mediocre in that our server did not seem to have experience with fine dining service, although she was very nice & friendly. I had elk that was wonderful, but my husband's stuffed chicken breast was dry. They have a nice wine selection. Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience -- good for catching up with friends.
- Rushed w/o Bread :-)GraywolfVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is a small thing in our world, and actually, in mine too. But since you asked - we felt very rushed by multiple service staff here the last visit and missed that we weren't served bread during the fray of in and out-ness. Rather than a sincere apology from our waitress at the conclusion of the meal, it was more of a "my bad". Just disappointing on our 3rd time in from out of town.
- shiraDined on 10/15/2014Classiest restaurant in Bend. I don't know of any other restaurant with a quiet, intimate ambience. The menu isn't extensive but it offers a fairly complete range of options (meat, chicken, seafood, pasta, etc.) and the service is quietly efficient.Special Features:
- Good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The atmosphere is up scale and classy. The food is good, but overpriced for the portions we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited OptionsGG49Dined on 10/3/2014Everything is very good, but options are limited and on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the basement of the Oxford!caliboy63Dined on 10/1/2014Had a fine meal last night at 10 Below. Pork Cheek starter was so right in both texture and flavor, I want more!, their whole leaf Caesar Salad was crisp and fresh so delicious, chicken breast stuffed with herbed goat cheese was lovely as was the sweet potato hash under it and the cauliflower and goat cheese soufflé was a triumph with its accompanying salad that featured black lentil and quinoa. Terrific! Dessert was 4 little samples of some very nice and very well-made ice cream and a great chocolate and banana tart. Their barrel aged Manhattan was one of the best I have ever had! All remarkably inexpensive as well! Our server Cara was cool. calm and collected and perfectly in charge striking the right balance of service and distance. GO!Special Features:
- Awesome Night!NwarrenDined on 9/27/2014I had reservations at 10 Below for my one year anniversary with my girlfriend and we had and amazing night! The food was outstanding, the waitresses were really helpful and polite, and the vibe was perfect. Thank you everyone at 10 Below the perfect dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!suewDined on 9/19/2014We were a table of four and our entire experience was fabulous! The food was outstanding, the service was excellent, and overall just wonderful. would definitely go back next time in BendSpecial Features:
- LoriDined on 9/19/2014We love this restaurant and celebrate all special occasions here.Special Features:
- PortlanderDined on 9/13/2014The food and service were superb. Lovely place! We will definitely return when in Bend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops are good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Appetizer of scallops was delicious, but they need to rinse them better to remove the grit. Rest of the meal was very nice.Special Features:
- Enjoy life expand your awarenessdickDined on 8/8/201410 Below is a place of enjoyment, good food, and drink ask for special desert from the kitchen and be ready for special taste.Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the 10 Below reviews archive.
- RobertDined on 7/20/2014The name10 below already indicates it the restaurant IS in the basement of the hotel and in my opinion could look a little better. Having said that the service was outstanding and the food fantastic in terms of quality as well as presentation.Special Features:
- Rocked it out!foodieflashcardVIPDined on 6/29/2014Thanks for hosting our party! Couldn't have been any better! Fun and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Went to 10Below for Easter Brunch. For the first time at a brunch for me, every item was great. Salmon was perfect and the fruit was fresh. Turkey and prime rib also very good. Several good craft beers on tap.Special Features:
- intimate diningocshoppergirlDined on 4/5/2014We took our favorite friends for dinner this past weekend and this restaurant, food, quiet atmosphere didn't let us down. Next time - we will come back for appetizers and drinks in their cool bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer not DinnerACEHDined on 3/15/2014We love the atmosphere at the Oxford and though the menu is not large, the food is nicely prepared. We were disappointed that our waitress recommended that my wife have the scallop appetizer for dinner instead of what she was going to order with her soup. The scallop appetizer were two medium size scallops for $18. Although they were tasty, the problem is they were just a taste. My wife may not be overweight but she does like an actual dinner at dinnertime. We thought the waitress should have been better at describing what the dish actually was, an appetizer.Special Features:
- Our waitress made the eveningJanetDined on 2/16/2014Our waitress made the evening very enjoyable. She made a special requested cocktail and gave us attentive service but not hovering. We love coming here...mostly for the bar, appetizers and ambience,Special Features:
- Nice for Brunchucandoit444Dined on 2/16/2014Needed a place for three ladies for light Sunday lunch. Some venues were not available. 10 Below fit the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically when we go out toDisappointedDined on 2/14/2014Typically when we go out to eat on Valentine's Day or New Year's Eave we always get a bad meal...never again! The bone in ribeye looked good on the menu but was very disappointing on the plate and palette. The cut of meat was not very good and it was very tough...looked like it was frozen and thrown on the skillet and then on top of the vegetables and twice baked potatoes...presentation and steak were not very good for the price. Vegetables would have been good if they were not soaked in some type of oil. The twice baked potato was the only good thing on the entre. We have heard good things about 10 Below but we were extremely disappointed in our experience that night.
- Birthday dinner for my wifeooadproDined on 1/26/2014We chose 10 Below, having dined there before, as the place to celebrate my wife's birthday. Service was impeccable, food delicious, and the atmosphere invigorating. 10 Below restaurant in Bend is a great choice if you are looking to find something you can't just make at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningRegular6VIPDined on 1/17/2014Wait staff is always professional and friendly. Dinners were both very good. Oysters were fresh and tasty. Wonderful mixologists! Great choice for dinner before the music event or theater.Special Features:
- Disappointed in 10 BelowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014We expected a fine dining experience for our anniversary and were disappointed. This place could be classified as a bar with tables with white tablecloths. The atmosphere was not there. Fine dining and a bar is an oxymoron. The food was OK. But the whole atmosphere turned us off. We won't go back again.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve FunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013My husband and I were in town for New Year's and looking for a place to have an early dinner. This restaurant looked good on opentable and we were NOT disappointed! Located on the lower floor of the beautiful Oxford Hotel (hence the name...), this place has a rocking bar scene as well as some really amazing dinner options. The food was delicious and the prices fairly reasonable. As a mostly vegetarian, I was pleased to note at least two vegetarian options on the menu, and ended up getting the beet and sweet potato hash, which was really more like chunks of vegetables, but tasty nonetheless. Our only complaint was the noise level. The place was super crowded and it made conversation difficult. But we would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been for lunch and enjoyedMicheleDined on 12/29/2013Have been for lunch and enjoyed it but this was dinner and the last evening for our group together. We were universally disappointed in the food. Pasta dinner was smaller than an normal appetizer, salmon was dry, steak was as well. Salads were very good but entrees not so much. Service was nice but not attentive and many things had to be requested several times- Would not go back for dinner as it was very underwhelming!
- Bend Foodiegdt1VIPDined on 12/28/2013we tried five different dishes. The two salads were colorful and tasty but not as exciting as the description, especially the fennel salad, the rest of the dishes were very good, especially the frito misto!!!! very yummyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!MerimoDined on 12/25/2013Food and service was awesome! My Dad does not get out much and he said he felt very spoiled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected findLastminutedinerDined on 12/19/2013When I figured put it wax in a hotel. I wasnt sure, but wow I will come back over!Special Features:
- Good experienceJbendVIPDined on 12/9/2013Good food and selection of menu items for lunch to please anyone. Friendly and attentive service. Very nice at the holidays with Christmas decorations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two CelebrationsJockDined on 11/20/2013We dined here 11/20/2013 on my wife' request for her 84th birthday. We each had memorable meals, she an excellent rack of lamb, and I a truly great filet. Both meats were cooked to perfection and served with an outstanding wine recommended by our server. On Christmas we ate dinner here and found the same excellence in dining. My wife enjoyed a superbly cooked (and served) prime rib preceded by a wonderful beet salad, and I chose roast leg of lamb preceded by oysters on the half shell. Again, both meats were cooked to perfection and the portions were exceedingly generous (so much so that we were able to concoct a marvelous hash at home several days later!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy. WaitStaff is Supreme.VioletDined on 11/16/2013We did the big crowds, noisy dinners in Bend. Zapped what energy was left from a Friday. Then, walked into '10' and knew it was a gem. The waitStaff understands why you are there...to relax, enjoy, savor. Had the calamari app, roasted pear salad & salmon - delish.
- Dined alone at the barDiane509Dined on 11/14/2013I made a reservation for one but when I got there and decided to sit in the lounge at the bar during happy hour. Fabulous halibut tacos and warm sweet and spicy almonds. I saw others eating a wedge salad and I will definitely return for a full dinner experience when passing thru Bend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavniknikVIPDined on 11/1/2013Fun atmosphere, good drinks, nice menu. Presentation of food excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday live musicFeedMeVIPDined on 10/4/2013The live music near our table was very nice. Our waitress was great. Our dinner was good. We are out of town visitors and really like Bend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 Below is Well AboveStu1Dined on 10/3/2013This restaurant's decor is trendy and interesting, the service is cordial and prompt, and the food is consistently above the competition in selection and flavors.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant. AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/25/2013Love this restaurant. Always good service and excellent food. A winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the foodDebfullDined on 9/21/2013We had reservations and were seated next to the bar which was so noisy we couldn't talk across our small table. We ordered the calamari which was an excellent appetizer. My husband also had the excellent Caesar salad, but served halfway through the appetizer. I had the halibut & sea scallops which were cooked properly and the beet reduction gave enough flavor. My husband had the salmon on a bed of black quinoa. The salmon was over cooked and under seasoned and the quinoa had no flavor at all, not even salt. For dessert I had the pavlova which was good, my husband had the creme brûlée which was watery, not thick and creamy served with cookies that were supposed to be shortbread, but were not buttery and rich and appeared to be out of a box.
- Truly more than a five star!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2013This restaurant is a wonderful place to eat. It truly is more than a five star! The woman serving us was fantastic. She knew our needs before we did. She and the rest of the staff came and went and it didn't interrupt the the flow of our meal or conversation. We really didn't even notice that they been there except our food and drinks came and went. The food was delicious! Our group had four different entrees and they were all cooked to perfection. All had great flavor and there was no skimping on the portions. The staff is very well trained and you can tell that they want you to have a great experience. We did! Thanks for the wonderful dinner 10Below!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.