255 West 55th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vizio.us/
- Phone: 2125860756
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Wine
A word from 1 Vizio
Came and enjoy our eclectic, gourmet comfort food and excellent brunch in a clean and relaxing atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1 Vizio reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Alright food, no one else thereSarahDiningDined on 8/7/2014I went with a group of 9 to 1 Vizio. It was okay food. They have food such as lamb so it leans to a more upscale restaurant. No one else was in the restaurant which allowed us to be fairly loud as a large group of people normally would be. We asked to split the checks but the waiter had no understanding of what that meant so he legitimately split the price from the total and handed us all a check for $20.46. You'd think when we'd ask for separate checks, they'd understand we mean that we would like to pay for our own meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!AC33VIPDined on 7/31/2014How great to find a midtown west/theater district restaurant w good food, reasonable prices and pleasant, efficient service. I will definitely be back to 1 Vizio. Was the food the most exciting I've ever had? No; but it was tasty, well prepared, and served by friendly, efficient waiters. Add that to not breaking the bank on the tab and the sum is a great find.Special Features:
- Just right for pre theaterPreTheaterPickDined on 7/22/2014This is a fine restaurant for pre-theater. I like a simple reasonably price meal before theater - and this fills the bill. The menu was complete, and the food nicely prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bag but solicitous staffGirlsnigtoutDined on 7/19/2014The atmosphere is not pretty. The place is incredibly small. There was a glitch and we waited a long time for our entrees which all were the three specials so should not have taken as long as they did in serving us. However the two waitstaff bent over backwards to apologize, even giving all three of us 10% off our next meal. There is nothing notable about the restauant as far as ambiance, or bar scene. But the food was extraordinarly good and the two staff members were very, very solictious. It was a good place to dine before going to City Center or Carnegie Hall. Since it is so small it is a gem in that people were not on top of us and the noise level was quiet. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong wine and overchargedMadscoutDined on 7/10/2014Ordered a bottle wine from wine menu. Bus boy brought wine and poured it into our glasses. After tasting it, we realized it was the wrong wine. Server said they were out of the wine we ordered, so we ordered a different bottle. This time we were shown the label and offered a taste before it was poured. My husband's medium well hamburger was pink in the middle. My flounder francais was OK. Our son ordered the skirt steak and we were charged for the strip steak. We didn't realize the mistake until after we had left the restaurant. Be sure to check your bill!
- Great ServiceanonymousDined on 7/9/2014Food was good to very good, Service was excellent the waitress was very attentive but not on top of usSpecial Features:
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014menu on line did not match menu in the restaurant -- not in offerings or in tone it set for the restaurant
- PretheatrefinfDined on 5/29/2014The food was good and so was the wine. The waitress was very attentive and it was great for a before theatre dinner. The decor was subtle and sophisticated. I would come here again. Great find.Special Features:
- Just a nice placekppmVIPDined on 5/6/2014Very good food and so reasonably priced. Fantastic place to go prior to a Carnegie Hall, City Center, Jazx at Lincoln Center events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRomaTouristaDined on 5/3/2014Everything about our experience was positive. We were greeted upon arrival & seated immediately. Our server was friendly and helpful answering a few questions about food & wine pairing (his recommendation was superb!). The food was served attractively and was delicious. The decor is lovely. I will definitely return and recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 75 reviews are from the 1 Vizio reviews archive.
- enjoyable lunchcharliebananasDined on 4/30/20142 for lunch. Food and service was great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vizio1 - B/C 1 time is enought!JoannedbsDined on 4/26/2014There were 6 of us and we got there just before 6pm for 8pm show 2 blocks away. We let them know this up front. Restaurant was VERY tight but would have been acceptable IF our food ever came out! The server made a point to avoid eye contact with us b/c we asked repeatedly what was going on with our order. We kept being told it would be out "soon". No apology was made. FINALLY, 4 of the 6 of us got served our main course at 7:30. At 7:45 the 5th meal came out. My husband's meal finally came out at 7:55 AND it was totally raw. He never got to eat! The bill was also wrong. They charged us for 7 salads, not 6. Anyone can make that mistake but on top of the horrendous service and apathetic management I would highly suggest you book elsewhere!
- Needs some TLCfjfjddjdDined on 4/19/2014The outside of the restaurant needs to be cleaned up. We almost didn't go in. The menu isn't bad and the foot was OK.
- Pre-TheatreBroadwaybaby465Dined on 4/11/2014The staff was very personable, the food was delicious and the wine good. I had arranged for three of mine to meet for the first time pre-theatre and was nervous about the get-together and the restaurant. But 1 Vizio did not disappoint. We all got along well and laughed with the staff and each other. The food and ambience contributed to the special evening and was better than the show we saw afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, kitchen was slowDCLDadDined on 4/5/2014We arrived for dinner at 6:15, had an 8:00 curtain one block away, and barely arrived in time. It took the kitchen an hour and ten minutes to get our food out. The service staff was good, and empathetic, but powerless to do anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner not a hit!KCrowsonDined on 3/27/2014I was very disappointed that the only times available to me at this restaurant through Open Table was a 5:00 seating. We had a show at 8:00 and preferred a 6:00 seating. We had to search for someone to seat us when we arrived because they were just opening. We were the only ones in the restaurant the ENTIRE time we were there and we were seated in the MIDDLE in a TINY table for two. On the restaurants service and food...both were quite good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, quiet restaurantJon1Dined on 3/22/2014It was easy to make reservations for a party of 3. We were seated immediately. It is a small restaurant, but very comfortable and quiet. The service was very good and attentive. We all enjoyed our salads and entrees and the price was reasonable. The only disappointment was the hummus appetizer, which I would skip. The ambience is very pleasant and it is in a great location, convenient to the entertainment district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice low keyed placekppmVIPDined on 3/19/2014Does not disappoint Small wine list but so very reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried, but didn't get therebeccamunchkinDined on 3/19/2014Pros: The food tasted good, and was cooked as ordered Cons: The waitress obviously did NOT want to be there, and was very un-attentive My water had something floating in it and it took 10 minutes to get her attention to come back so I could ask for a new one, and when she replaced it it was obviously the same glass just dumped and filled at the tap My meal, while tasty, was not as described on the menu. Fried potatoes, not mashed, and a barely-chunky applesauce not a "green apple relish in a brandy reduction" Would I go again? If all I wanted was a burger, I might go for lunch.
- Love the staffTorrykatDined on 2/14/2014I went here for Valentines day with one of my girlfriends. They had a pre fixed menu. The main food and appetizer were delicious. The dessert not so much. But the staff was so nice. My friend and chit chatted with one of the waiters. He was funny and considerate. Made sure we had everything we needed. Also we were there till closing and they didn't rush us out of there. Definitely would come here again.Special Features:
- I shoulda listened to the negative.VoicepaDined on 2/7/2014The salad was superb but it was all downhill from there: food only fair served cold (3 out of 4 main dishes). Why have 3 dishes sit around while the Cornish Hen-which takes longer to cook-is being prepared.
- It's on my go-to listluvNYCDined on 1/11/2014Had reservations for 7:30 Saturday night; my friends got there 40 minutes early, but were promptly seated anyway. Both the menu and the wine list looked promising - reasonably priced with a wide range of choices; something for everyone on this menu! But burgers seemed to be the hot item (they have both kobe and angus with a wide array of toppings); they looked and smelled delicious as they passed our table - so we ordered burgers. We weren't sorry! They were delicious, as were the fries (both regular and sweet potato). Both types of wine we ordered were great also. The place is small (no bar) and there was just one waitress, but she was fantastic! I'll definitely go back to try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, Great ServiceJohnDined on 1/3/2014My wife, our two grown children, and their spouses all celebrated a birthday on a Friday evening at this nice little gem. The food was very good - not great - but very good. The service was exceptional - I suspect we were waited on by the owner. The ambience was lovely. It is very simple and different, a very small, easily overlooked gem. We all said we would definitely go back. The values were extraordinary - prices were very modest for a good midtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look beyond burgers!SultanofBubastisDined on 12/26/2013When I read reviews of I Vizio (and, Open Table, please check your spelling: 1 or I?), I got the Impression that most reviewers thought of it as a burger joint. My girlfriend and I chose it, anyway, because it was well-rated and quite close to the New York City Center. To our delight, we found an attractive restaurant, a very able and attentive waitress, a menu of at least passable complexity, and a speedy and capable kitchen. Sole Mediterranean and Shrimp Parmigiana were prepared with subtlety and size, a combination of adjectives I'm not often able to use. The wine list uses a highly civilized system of offering all available wines both by the bottle and by the glass, a oenophilic grazer's delight. Plus, reasonable food and wine prices!I would recommend this to a friend.
- .. smallest streetfront everxBJxDined on 12/24/2013.. two well prepared entrees with a bottle of wine for $65 in mid-town Manhattan... REALLY!!?? .. was one of the better recommendations we have received through the years...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC eatery-convenient/priced wellNYLydiaDined on 12/18/2013A nice place to eat that is reasonabloy priced and family food. Sort of a diner with ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!citygirlDined on 11/29/2013Had people from South Carolina visit. This restaurant was accomodating to our group of 10. There was something for everyone. The waitress was attentive and efficient. We enjoyed two bottles of wine and our delicious meal. We recommend this great restaurant to all friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice near City CenterJannVIPDined on 10/24/2013We had an early dinner prior to a performance at City Center. Bison Burger, sweet potato fries and Portabello Stuffed Mushroom were are very good. Even their bread served with olive oil was delicious. Prcies were were very reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good and theGostDined on 10/19/2013Food was very good and the pricing was a very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny space, but comfortable. RangeStephieDined on 9/28/2013Tiny space, but comfortable. Range of options from burgers to deliciious fish. Lovely attentive service. Great choice for a quick pre theater dinner.
- last minute accomadation for 16spikeDined on 9/13/2013used open table for a reservation that started as 13 and grew to 16. Vizio was in the area and available thanks to Open Table. They were not aware of the reservation but seated us without a problem and a good time was had by all.Special Features:
- Slow service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2013I was able to make a reservation for 10 only a few hours before dining. The menu is varied so there is something for everyone. I didn't have high hopes because of the look of their website, but enjoyed the decor once we arrived. Very rustic with beautiful art. I hate going to a restaurant where the art kills the whole mood, but the large scale sketches they had up makes it. The service was very slow despite my party arriving first. We were the only people there for a good half hour and were still waiting for our (1) appetizer when other tables filled. It was also a little difficult to get water refills. Once the food arrived, it was delicious. My burger was juicy, steak cooked well and the lamb was great. I would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WelcominghenrieNYCVIPDined on 8/23/2013Vizio's location is perfect for pre-theater and its staff friendly, efficient and charming. They let the diner set his/her own pace; they were attentive when desired but left us alone to talk and listen to the great classic oldies music without any pressure to turn over the table. While the food was only "fair," the overall exerience was delightful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in MidtownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2013In an area that is packed with overpriced restaurants. Vizio has good food at good prices.
- No staffDocliz83Dined on 6/15/2013I booked this for my medschool graduation lunch. Unfortunately, the staff did not show up. It took an hour to get water. Bread was never brought out. 45 minutes after putting in an order for wine and champagne, the one waiter informed us that the manager also never showed up and he was the only person with the keys to the wine case. The food orders were incorrect and the food was mediocre/cold when we got it. It was awful and I would have left if there had been another restaurant in the area that could accommodate a group of 12 last minute (I checked and there was not). The waiter did not seem to be a trained waiter and did his best to help us out but the manager or owner of the restaurant should have never let this happen. DO NOT GO!!!
- Service was slow but attentive,DesireeVIPDined on 5/30/2013Service was slow but attentive, food was fabulous & very reasonably priced. I WILL go back there again & I already recommended it to several people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserted!Theatergoer8Dined on 5/3/2013The restaurant is small, but when my group of 3 visited, we had the entire place to ourselves. The meal was fine, but we were lonely.
- Great Food Great SeeviceSoup2Dined on 4/28/2013A last minute reservation made for a wonderful lunch experience. Prices were nice and food was GREAT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- their website advertised aOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/21/2013their website advertised a great brunch menu and when i arrived for a double date with another couple, we found out that they stopped serving the brunch menu months ago. needless to say, it was embarrassing and the hostess was also not helpful, so we ended up leaving and going elsewhere.
- The food wasn't that great.Mariah2014Dined on 4/6/2013The food wasn't that great. We invited some visitors from Europe, and unfortunately what they ordered was really disappointing. They weren't even able to finish half of their dish. They ordered the pasta with meatballs. I would have never thought that such a lousy pasta would be served in an italian restaurant. My husband and I had better luck and our dishes: fish and chicken cacciatore were much better. I couldn't complain because our guests didn't want to do so. Other than that everything was good, and the service was excellent and accommodating.