1 North Steakhouse
322 West Montau Hwy
Hampton Bays, NY 11946Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
1 North Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1northsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (631) 594-3419
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday Brunch 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday Dinner 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Christopher Cariello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: On and off-site catering available.
- Entertainment: Live music on Fridays with Erin and Jan, a two piece acoustic duo.
A word from 1 North Steakhouse
Please join us at our family owned steakhouse in Hampton Bays on the Shinnecock Canal! Serving USDA Certified Angus Prime Steaks, local seafood and daily creative specials prepared by our professionally trained chefs. Nightly specials include Tuesday and Sunday 3 Course Prix Fixe Menu, Wednesday Date Night (2 Entrees and a bottle of wine $50), Thursday Tapas, and Friday Happy Hour and live music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1 North Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (34)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (32)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (9)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- put this on your list of musts!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Always a fabulous dinner. Start with the bacon-wrapped scallops or the grilled romaine salad, followed by a perfectly cooked ribeye or tender filet. Chef Chri's menu is creative with something for everyone... Chicken, salmon, ribs and more, you won't be disappointed. His wife Lauren adds grace and style to the front of the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceKathDined on 11/22/20141 North was a great pick! Dinner was delicious, the wine was excellent and the service outstanding. Definitely a great value for the price- while it is not inexpensive, the portion sizes were good and we felt that it was worth the price. Reservation was honored in a timely manner. Bar is high energy.... The only downside was that it was sometimes hard to hear in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2014Our server was excellent very friendly and helpful high-quality restaurant for reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Excellent as usual! Food is outstanding, service is great, will continue to dine at 1 NorthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tonyguy1Dined on 11/15/2014Food was inconsistent. Burger was excellent, steak was ok, shrimp in pasta dish were very tough. Service was good except waitress ordered wrong main course for one of our party and others were almost done eating by the time her dinner arrived. Chef would not allow any substitutions for side dish which came with main course.
- Great experience all around10rosesDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful dinner especially on the restaurant week menu The choices and quality were excellent The wait staff delightful and efficient in every way The desserts were delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFoodieOneDined on 11/7/2014I was pleasantly surprised - we went for restaurant week, food amounts were more than ample and of course delicious. One disappointment was the coconut creme brulee (the reason I went there) not coconut at all - still good - would go back in a heart beat.Special Features:
- PhillyDined on 11/7/2014Food, service and ambiance were great. Everyone very friendly but the NOISE, much too much. Would limit my time there to early evening to avoid the noise from the crowd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2014I had the NY Strip. It was perfectly done and so delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Needs a little more patron attention . Food as always great .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Excellent food and service, I go to this restaurant quite often and they are most accommodating and help me with some simple substitutions as I do have some special food requirements. This weekend was restaurant week and Chicken was on the price fixed menu, I asked if I could have a plain baked potato instead of the roasted, I was told no substitutions due to restaurant week. I get it but it was 5pm and the crowd did not start until later. I was able to order the chicken a la Carte with the substitution, this did not sit well with me. I will continue to dine here as I do enjoy the overall experience but I was a bit taken back by thisSpecial Features:
- Highly RecommendedFoodisgoodDined on 10/25/2014Food and service was excellent! Perfect way to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent on every level......a Hampton Bays/ East End gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not just steakfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Great menu. Efficient,friendly staff Great drinks a city vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomepauleahDined on 10/24/2014One North has become a favorite amongst the community. The staff are all friendly and the service is excellent. Prices are reasonable and the food is amazing. I recommend this restaurant to all of my friends and family. I look forward to my next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RFSINSPECTORDined on 10/22/2014Great food and service, as usual. Wait staff is friendly / informed / attentive.Special Features:
- Always consistentsouthamptoneaterDined on 10/22/2014This restaurant always offers a good meal with good value. We always enjoy the Wednesday night date night menu which includes a bottle of wine. The staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something great for everyone!JuliaBVIPDined on 10/19/2014The menu is very varied, so everyone can find something wonderful to eat. The service is efficient and friendly. The price fixe menu is terrific on Sundays, as are the other daily specials and deals. A fabulous addition to the area!Special Features:
- Last MinuteLastminutereservistsDined on 10/17/2014Went online at 5:30 for an 8:00 reservation and no problem....made it home and realized wife and I were not going to make it in time so was able to revise reservation to 8:15 when it was already 7:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundHamptonsWifeDined on 10/17/2014We ate here about 6 months ago and weren't really "wowed." But it's a local restaurant and decided to give it another go - - boy are we glad we did. Food was amazing - - we both had fish dishes. Drinks were great, and the service was friendly and responsive. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- licpaDined on 10/11/2014Consistently great food and service..............................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RyebreadDined on 10/8/2014Our dinner here was excellent. We arrived early but were seated right away. We had a great waitress and the bus boys were refilling our water glasses constantly with out us having to ask. It is lil pricey, but worth it. We both had the duck entree and it was great. We shared a creme brulee and a fresh berry plate and it was outstanding. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The steaks were excellent and the menu offer other good choices for the non meat eater. the sides were good as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The GormansgratefuldinerDined on 10/8/2014We were very pleased with everything about One North. We have been there twice. Once for a birthday dinner and once for the date night. Both experiences were exceptional. A dinner from the full menu, soup to nuts and a two for $55 with a bottle of wine. The same quality and professional service. We are so grateful to have a superb steakhouse in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceTomAshVIPDined on 10/1/2014Food is excellent and so is the service! The owners and management are doing a great job making sure their customers are happy and keep coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014we went on "date night", 2 entrees and a bottle of wine for $55.00 - great deal but the menu was even more limited than i thought. I had a steak with dry rub, much too salty for me. My husband had a plain steak and loved it. Service was very iffy, our waitress never even poured us a glass of wine. We will go back because it's close, but not on date night.Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner for 2pk11959Dined on 9/25/2014We celebrated our anniversary at 1 North and it was very special. The wait staff is extremely attentive, the food is excellent and we were surprised with a table-side serenade (Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable"). Wow! Have to say this anniversary dinner for 2 truly WAS "unforgettable." Thanks, 1 North! We like to dine at the bar, also, and enjoy excellent service THERE, TOO! Great happy hour. Shout-out to Justin! This place really is a neighborhood gem! See you again soon.Special Features:
- FROZEN LOBSTER TAILS??monteDined on 9/24/2014Waitress and busboy were very attentive and nice.Surf and Turf dinners were great EXCEPT for the lobster tail-absolutely tasteless and dried out.The waitress asked the mngr to come over but she didn't come in time to see that neither of us ate our lobster.We asked for her again after our bill arrived-she explained "We bring them in FROZEN" (yikes) and they are "warm water lobster" so they don't have the same sweet flavor like Maine lobster-they had NO FLAVOR.She made a point to tell us that she served 20 that night with no complaints. She (reluctantly I think) gave us credit for ONE ($18 for EACH FROZEN lobster tail). Price is not an issue for us if it's good food.I'd go back again-the rest of the staff and the other food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet everSolomonDined on 9/18/2014The steaks are great and on Thurs. they have a prime rib special that can't be beat. I must recommend the Brussels sprouts as a side as they will please even people who don't eat Brussels sprouts. They are always willing to place you at a table you request if possible and the service is the best of any east end restaurants I have been to.Special Features:
- Reliable LocalcompulsivedineroutVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is a fine spot for always reliably good food, friendly service and moderate prices. They are particularly hospitable to diners with special food issues, which is more than you could say for most restaurants. As a bonus, it will be open all year round, which is great for the area's weekenders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderately goodJudygDined on 9/4/2014This is a local Hampton Bays restaurant - nothing special, but with possibilities. We had been there once before and it was mobbed - but the service was decent and a pretty good filet mignon was served. This time, the place was almost empty and service just adequate in spite of this. It was "rib roast beef night" so we both had it- a 20 oz. piece of meat. First, they said they don't serve it rare - that should have warned me to stay away - medium rare was the next choice. When it arrived, yes, it was medium rare - but only -ok. Certainly not the best rib roast
- Great for that special occassiondatenitedinerDined on 9/3/2014Celebrated our anniversary on their special "Date Night". Food was excellent. Lauren, our server, was outstanding, as were other staff members. Our only negative on the entire evening was the noise levels of surrounding tables. We definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Been there three times in as many weeks. Reason? Food terrific, really friendly portions, professional service and fair prices. Moved around the menu a lot, and so far, each dish was really impressive.Special Features:
- tenntomDined on 8/26/2014Except for the fact that we didn't receive our appetizers and the salmon wasn't cooked, everything else was fine.
- Prix fixeDOugDined on 8/24/2014For $27, you get a very nice selection. I had the dry rubbed strip (12 oz). My father had the fish. Everything was prepared well and tasty. The service is very good. You're waited on quickly, your drinks come promptly, and food is served in a relaxed environment where you aren't rushed or waiting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as AlwaysZB3SBVIPDined on 8/23/2014First time we have been there since they moved locations, love the new space, and the food was great as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mananaDined on 8/21/2014This is below choice or standard grade beef........no flavor, lots of grizzle and yet $44 for a porterhouse!!!! Noise level made it difficult to hold a conversation & our waiter seemed to get "lost" after the entrée was served.Special Features:
- Nice vacation spot diningCES51Dined on 8/20/2014I spend two weeks here every summer and visited this restaurant last summer at its former location. This year we did the date night special. Very well prepared food and a lovely bottle of wine were served. Our server, Lauren, was very cheerful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great burger......hold the friesadyaVIPDined on 8/19/2014Hard to imagine how a full service restaurant could mess up on something as basic as french fries - perhaps this is why 1 North offers onion rings instead of fries with their decadent burger. I asked for fries as a substitute and they obliged. Thanks, but uninspired steak fries just don't cut it; learn to make a delicious French fry!!!Special Features:
- Great findTravellingthreeDined on 8/5/2014Fabulous dining experience that surpassed our expectations. Ribs,salmon, strip steak, creamed spinach, and roasted potatoes were all great and the chocolate mouse and tiramisu were fantastic. You won't be disappointed and the service was right there for every need. Very friendly and customer oriented. Pleasant atmosphere. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.