1 North Steakhouse
322 West Montau Hwy
Hampton Bays, NY 11946Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
1 North Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1northsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6315943419
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday Brunch 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday Dinner 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Christopher Cariello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: On and off-site catering available.
- Entertainment: Live music on Fridays with Erin and Jan, a two piece acoustic duo.
A word from 1 North Steakhouse
Please join us at our family owned steakhouse in Hampton Bays on the Shinnecock Canal! Serving USDA Certified Angus Prime Steaks, local seafood and daily creative specials prepared by our professionally trained chefs. Nightly specials include Tuesday and Sunday 3 Course Prix Fixe Menu, Wednesday Date Night (2 Entrees and a bottle of wine $50), Thursday Tapas, and Friday Happy Hour and live music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1 North Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (34)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (22)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Romantic Dinner for 2pk11959Dined on 9/25/2014We celebrated our anniversary at 1 North and it was very special. The wait staff is extremely attentive, the food is excellent and we were surprised with a table-side serenade (Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable"). Wow! Have to say this anniversary dinner for 2 truly WAS "unforgettable." Thanks, 1 North! We like to dine at the bar, also, and enjoy excellent service THERE, TOO! Great happy hour. Shout-out to Justin! This place really is a neighborhood gem! See you again soon.Special Features:
- FROZEN LOBSTER TAILS??monteDined on 9/24/2014Waitress and busboy were very attentive and nice.Surf and Turf dinners were great EXCEPT for the lobster tail-absolutely tasteless and dried out.The waitress asked the mngr to come over but she didn't come in time to see that neither of us ate our lobster.We asked for her again after our bill arrived-she explained "We bring them in FROZEN" (yikes) and they are "warm water lobster" so they don't have the same sweet flavor like Maine lobster-they had NO FLAVOR.She made a point to tell us that she served 20 that night with no complaints. She (reluctantly I think) gave us credit for ONE ($18 for EACH FROZEN lobster tail). Price is not an issue for us if it's good food.I'd go back again-the rest of the staff and the other food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet everSolomonDined on 9/18/2014The steaks are great and on Thurs. they have a prime rib special that can't be beat. I must recommend the Brussels sprouts as a side as they will please even people who don't eat Brussels sprouts. They are always willing to place you at a table you request if possible and the service is the best of any east end restaurants I have been to.Special Features:
- Reliable LocalcompulsivedineroutVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is a fine spot for always reliably good food, friendly service and moderate prices. They are particularly hospitable to diners with special food issues, which is more than you could say for most restaurants. As a bonus, it will be open all year round, which is great for the area's weekenders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderately goodJudygDined on 9/4/2014This is a local Hampton Bays restaurant - nothing special, but with possibilities. We had been there once before and it was mobbed - but the service was decent and a pretty good filet mignon was served. This time, the place was almost empty and service just adequate in spite of this. It was "rib roast beef night" so we both had it- a 20 oz. piece of meat. First, they said they don't serve it rare - that should have warned me to stay away - medium rare was the next choice. When it arrived, yes, it was medium rare - but only -ok. Certainly not the best rib roast
- Great for that special occassiondatenitedinerDined on 9/3/2014Celebrated our anniversary on their special "Date Night". Food was excellent. Lauren, our server, was outstanding, as were other staff members. Our only negative on the entire evening was the noise levels of surrounding tables. We definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Been there three times in as many weeks. Reason? Food terrific, really friendly portions, professional service and fair prices. Moved around the menu a lot, and so far, each dish was really impressive.Special Features:
- tenntomDined on 8/26/2014Except for the fact that we didn't receive our appetizers and the salmon wasn't cooked, everything else was fine.
- Prix fixeDOugDined on 8/24/2014For $27, you get a very nice selection. I had the dry rubbed strip (12 oz). My father had the fish. Everything was prepared well and tasty. The service is very good. You're waited on quickly, your drinks come promptly, and food is served in a relaxed environment where you aren't rushed or waiting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as AlwaysZB3SBVIPDined on 8/23/2014First time we have been there since they moved locations, love the new space, and the food was great as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mananaDined on 8/21/2014This is below choice or standard grade beef........no flavor, lots of grizzle and yet $44 for a porterhouse!!!! Noise level made it difficult to hold a conversation & our waiter seemed to get "lost" after the entrée was served.Special Features:
- Nice vacation spot diningCES51Dined on 8/20/2014I spend two weeks here every summer and visited this restaurant last summer at its former location. This year we did the date night special. Very well prepared food and a lovely bottle of wine were served. Our server, Lauren, was very cheerful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great burger......hold the friesadyaDined on 8/19/2014Hard to imagine how a full service restaurant could mess up on something as basic as french fries - perhaps this is why 1 North offers onion rings instead of fries with their decadent burger. I asked for fries as a substitute and they obliged. Thanks, but uninspired steak fries just don't cut it; learn to make a delicious French fry!!!Special Features:
- Great findTravellingthreeDined on 8/5/2014Fabulous dining experience that surpassed our expectations. Ribs,salmon, strip steak, creamed spinach, and roasted potatoes were all great and the chocolate mouse and tiramisu were fantastic. You won't be disappointed and the service was right there for every need. Very friendly and customer oriented. Pleasant atmosphere. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LEONARDDined on 8/2/2014GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE. REASONABLE PRICE TOO.. GREAT PORTERHOUSESpecial Features:
- The best steak on LI!Luv2dineDined on 8/1/2014Every meal served here is better than the last! From appetizers to dessert, this restaurant is never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rib Eye outstanding, Cabernet dry.travelgalDined on 7/30/2014Rib Eye was outstanding, but Cabernet to dry for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakcatgirlflVIPDined on 7/23/2014Friendly and competent service. Thoughtful touches. Lamb and duck were also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodGirlsdiningDined on 7/19/2014Good food for the neighborhood but very noisy Efficient service by staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lively steakhouse restaurantDiningNanaDined on 7/19/2014Tasty menu, friendly service we highly recommend. We had well seasoned lamb chops and the salmon was prepared as requested and was delicately seasoned. The pistachio gelato is not to be missed The overall service was friendly and helpful. Since the restaurant has moved, it is much more attractive, easy to find and user friendly with adequate parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T MISS PRIME RIB THURSDAYS!pk11959Dined on 7/19/2014We have been to 1 North for prime rib night, as well as on the weekend. The prime rib is succulent, especially when coupled with a Wedge Salad (smothered in bleu cheese & bacon bits). Just tried the lamb chops this past weekend and not only were the chops very delicious but the risotto (laced with bacon, truffles?, and brussels sprouts) was to die for! If you enjoy taking in the bar scene while having dinner, ask for Justin - very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great Food, OK ServiceHamptonsEaterDined on 7/18/2014The food was phenomenal, however we waited a pretty long time for it. I had the grilled squid for an appetizer (best I've had) and shrimp and bay scallop cappellini for dinner. We didn't order dessert because we were afraid it was going to take too long. They were busy so that was probably the issue, but we didn't even get an apology from the waitress. All in all, I would go here again for the food.Special Features:
- DisappointedBreadBasketDined on 7/18/2014Bread was soggy and cold. Lobster Mac and Cheese was missing the lobster. Coffee was watered down. However, the Porterhouse Steak was one of the best I've had.Special Features:
- amazing food amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014No food compares..always a great meal menu has very nice selections of.food. never a.bad.meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ralph11Dined on 7/13/2014Had dinner with some friends and they could not stop raving about it. We have a Christmas dinner every year with 3 other couples and they want this restaurant to be on our list. We had the prix fix this time and the choices and food didn't disappoint. A definite value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LbovLbovDined on 7/12/2014We had always been regulars at 1 North when it was in Hampton Bays and were never disapointed. The food was always perfect as was the service. However, since they moved further down Montauk Hwy to E. Quogue, they have become so busy that they must be cutting corners. I don't think they are able to handle the larger clientele. We gave it two tries in their new place. Although the interior is newer and more modern, the quality and preparation of the food has declined quite a bit. The staff doesn't even seem to be able to handle the extra business. We are very sad by these changes because good steak houses with good prices are very hard to find. We hope 1 North can correct these problems, and if so, I will gladly rewrite this review.
- Glad to have made it to 1 NorthYerfdoggyDined on 7/9/2014Our dinner at 1 North was great. We went on Wednesday Night Date Night and were blown away by how good it was. No better deal around than $55 for 2 entrees and bottle of wine. Better yet was that the 12 oz Strip steaks we had were sooooo good. They have figured out how to do what few restaurants have mastered, get the steak to you hot. Don't know if it was the metal plate it was served on or some other kind of magic but the steak stayed hot and was cooked perfectly, marinated perfectly and was delicious. I will recommend 1 North to anyone I talk to. Already have.Special Features:
- Evening with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2014We went to 1 North a few weeks ago and everyone had great meals except my husband, he had the prime rib and felt it was too fatty and not as large as they said it would be. The ambience and service were good and overall the value was good. Would definitely go back again and try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- LocalsLoveIt2Dined on 7/8/2014Fabulous food on the prix fixe menu......large portions, excellent preparation and presentation. Service is good; bar drinks superb....thanks Liz! Great value and a warm, welcoming ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateNightRiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 7/2/2014Went for Date Night - two main courses and a bottle of wine for $55. Excellent steaks. Comfortable room, but bring a sweater if you are not a fan of high powered air conditioning
- Great Food Great FriendsFinefareDined on 6/27/2014Table ready friendly greeting. Food was just unbelievably delicious. Course timing was spot on. Prices fair, menu more than adequate. Just wished for a pork option on menu other than ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic findscullyeatsoutDined on 6/26/2014This was our first experience at your restaurant and my husband and I give it 2 thumbs up. The food was wonderful and the service outstanding. Our meal came quickly and piping hot. The portions were large but not overly huge. We will be bringing family here in the future for sure. Thanks for a great anniversary dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bring ear plugssouthamptoneaterDined on 6/25/2014Although the food and ambience were very good it was so noisy that you couldn't converse with the person next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakItDined on 6/18/2014Great place-very professional staff-don't forget to ask about their homemade steak sauces.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day dinner and were happily surprised that they were also offering a prix fixe menu in addition to their regular menu. Everything was delicious, including the baby back rib and black bean salsa appetizer, strip steak entree and tiramisu dessert. If I have any criticisms (and I'm not even sure I would call them that .... More like recommendations), it would be that they should provide moist towelettes with the baby back ribs. Also, the air conditioning was turned up really high so bring a sweater or ask them to sit you away from the air vents.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sallywibsDined on 6/14/2014Second time dining at this establishment and was not disappointed .... Food was presented beautifully and tasted fabulous. Great steak! and Scallops were to die forSpecial Features:
- 1north not goodPateqDined on 6/11/2014Charred Caesar salad tasted like fuel!! Meat overcooked. So noise!!!
- Super Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014I would dine again & again at 1 North Steakhouse.Everything from the service to the food was excellent.I will be going back very soon.Please do not change a thing!!Special Features:
- Even better at its new location!ManhattanVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have enjoyed many meals at 1 North at its previous / original location and were a little worried when the restaurant had to move, but we LOVE the new space, the decor is welcoming and warm, the tables are well-spaced and the food is even better than before, absolutely fantastic (seafood is a MUST try as well as the steaks, lamb and burgers). Congrats to the entire 1 North team for this smooth transition, wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 138 reviews are from the 1 North Steakhouse reviews archive.
- MadbetsDined on 6/3/2014Excellent service and delicious food. We enjoyed our dining experience very much.Special Features: