257 West 55th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nocello.net/
- Phone: (212) 713-0224
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from 1 Nocello
One of the best Italian restaurants in New York, serving Incredible food in a romantic atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1 Nocello reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (39)romantic (32)special occasion (30)notable wine list (21)good for groups (18)great for lunch (14)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dinner after theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014While the staff was lovely, the service was rushed and the food rather bland.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Delicious meals for everyone. The chicken cutlet frances was made to perfection. Everyone wanted my meal!Special Features:
- Dm2013Dined on 11/8/2014Perfect for pre-theater! Food was very good and service attentive...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPinettoVIPDined on 11/7/2014As always it was a magnificent meal. Looking forward to a return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Inviting And DependableGurumanJohnVIPDined on 11/4/2014Nocello is my go-to restaurant on the mid-west side of manhattan. The food is always outstanding and the service warm and attentive. Old favorites like ravioli in sage butter sauce remain on the menu, but supplemented with specials that change frequently. You won't have a bad meal here.Special Features:
- romantic dinner near jersey boyselvisDined on 11/1/2014My girlfriend and I had 8pm jersey boys tkts. we made reservations for 530pm. we were seated right away. The ambiance was cozy and romantic. The food was great as well as the deserts and the chianti. I can highly recommend this cozy restaurant in the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Great selection of Northern Italian grub. Lots to choose from and good wine list. Not too expensive but staff was a bit slow. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Solid neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/28/2014This is a great place to go if you are going to any performance that is not too far away. This is not a destination restaurant, but the food is fresh, of high quality, and well prepared. The prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Met friends visitng from LondonFritzDined on 10/26/2014Was a very nice restaurant, intimate enough to catch up with old friends.Special Features:
- Not that greatAlixDined on 10/25/2014Food was good but not outstanding. I did not have desert but my companion indicated it was the best thing that was served.
- Nice findSvecaDined on 10/25/2014I had made a reservation to have early dinner after a matinee. I arrived a little before my reservation time but was seated immediately. Drink order was taken right away and meal order soon after. Bread and olives were brought. Carpaccio appetizer was good but perhaps with little too much of Parmesan cheese. My entree was Osso Bucco with spinach risotto and was mouthwatering and truly fell apart from the bone. So tender a delicious. Unfortunately the generous portion did not leave room for dessert. Definitely worth a return visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a return tripOhioblue63VIPDined on 10/24/2014This nice small restaurant, with good service, serves delicious Italian food. Every time I come to New York I make a point of going to this restaurant. It's close enough to Lincoln Center to make it a good spot to eat a pre-event meal. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- goodjumabaDined on 10/23/2014Bueno, precio equilibrado, buena carta de vinos, falta cava para q este a temperatura correcta, un Pinot a temperatura ambiente no es lo lógico. En general, bienSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not enjoyQueenieLoveDined on 10/20/2014very disappointed as recommended by a New Yorker. Restaurant had only one other couple. Food was not up to my standard. Ate at Milo's night before.bNo comparison. Would not return or recommend.
- mollyDined on 10/18/2014Nocello is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is wonderful. I will return time and time again to this establishment.Special Features:
- Try the fish specialJazzyLadyDined on 10/17/2014I had a truly outstanding dinner of sea bass. Very delicate flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food outside of ItalyCalgary82Dined on 10/14/2014My husband and I are big fans of Italian food and we both agreed that our pasta dishes at Nocello were the best we've had outside of Italy! Our calamari and caprese salad appetizers were also excellent. The service was courteous and prompt. Our 5:00 reservation allowed plenty of time for an enjoyable 3 course meal followed by a nice stroll to our Broadway show at 7:00 without being rushed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely returningQwertyVIPDined on 10/9/20141 Nocello is a real find. The food is excellent, and the service charming and responsive.Special Features:
- gratOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/8/2014The owners are great. The wait staff is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foood, good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2014Four cousins went into the city and MOMA, we pick a restaurant too far away, and came up with this gem. The good, service and price were good for a Manhattan restaurant. Wondering if same owners as Northport restaurant of same name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/7/2014Went there based on location and reviews. Food was just average. All we tasted was salt as the seasoning with no depth of flavor. Would not go back again.
- ExcellentNYCFoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2014Definitely will be back here. Food was excellent, service was fantastic, and reasonable prices!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and servicePamelaDined on 9/25/2014Not only was the food excellent, but the service was top notch. The wait staff were quick and friendly and met all of our needs. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Italian!GlutenFreeDined on 9/25/2014Excellent menu and wine list. Prices were very good. I am gluten free and they were very helpful with my order. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Always WonderfulladyasVIPDined on 9/24/2014Been here numerous times. Never disappointed.. love this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Nothing to write home aboutCanuckcoupleDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I booked this restaurant as we needed to find a pre-theatre dinner in the immediate area. As our first choice was booked up, we went with Nocello. The service was generally friendly and attentive, and the food was decent if unspectacular. We were seated at a wobbly table in a back room, right in the middle of a high traffic area (fire code be damned). There was a musty, mothball smell that permeated the room. A generally older crowd, which perhaps explained the old school "don't mess with the classics" menu. So all in all it was passable fare, with quick service that got us out the door in time for the show. But I wouldn't hurry back anytime soon.
- Great Italian restaurantJoan5472Dined on 9/20/2014Found this place online as being near the theater we were going to that night. Selected it as it had great reviews and wasn't on the highest end price wise. Our 2 waiters were great, the food was delicious as was the wine that they recommended. Service was efficient as they got it to us so we had no problem getting to the theater on time. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCapePrincessVIPDined on 9/17/2014The dining room was hot, the noise level uncomfortably high, with at least two big tables making a lot of noise. I asked for a glass of Gavi; the waiter carried it, holding the bowl of the glass in his hand so I got his fingerprints for free. The wine was warm. Not a great start. The service was rushed and unprofessional, the food was adequate and the ambiance was awful. Don't go. There are many better places in New York.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/17/20141 Nocello is always good. However, I should realize not to order the Panzanella salad. It comes in a huge bowl with all tomatoes cut up and some pieces of bread and cubes of mozzarella cheese. It is so small for $9.75 you are better ordering something else.
- mollyDined on 9/14/2014As usual, Nocello did not disappoint. Delicious food, fine service and great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysTJOConnorDined on 9/12/2014I have dined here for my third time on Friday night. I always want to try something different on their menu but I went with the Vitlello Fascati again. Always delightful dinner. My wife had the swordfish with red sauce, it was awesome and a friend had the chicken Fancese which was very good. Owners are very friendly. Tiramisu was very good.Special Features:
- Delicioso!!!!!!!BestinNYDined on 9/9/2014The food and ambiance is of no comparison to any other restaurant in New York!!!! Tasteful, quiet, relaxing....THIS IS Nocello's!!!!!!BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemLarryVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is a predictably good and pleasant restaurant. As an habitué (I work nearby) I am always greeted warmly and find the offerings reliably good and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Midtown ManhattanMSNYCVIPDined on 8/25/2014Excellent food and service. Homemade pasta, or fresh fish...the menu is varied and does not disappoint.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is very lovely and the service quite attentive. The food was good but not out-of-the-ordinary. A pleasant place for before-theatre dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.SSSsaysDined on 8/22/2014This will be the third time I have been to 1 Nocello. The Italian food is always delicious, service excellent and great wine. It is not too noisy and great atmosphere. We were six sitting at a round table and it was perfect for talking.Special Features:
- Perfectionluv2dineDined on 8/20/2014As always, the food was prepared exceptionally well, service and ambience excellent - as usual. This time was extra special. We were hosting relatives from Hawaii visiting with their 6 year old son who had been touring NY all day. Because of the attentiveness and courtesy of all the Nocello staff, they forgot about the tiring part of their day(but not the great sights). They were relaxed, at ease, and enjoying the ambience and food. They called it an "oasis".Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014So happy that I found this little gem while researching a nice Italian restaurant to have dinner at after our show. The waiter was very nice and the food was excellent! It was a wonderful place to finish off a great day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 Nocello ReviewgotothisrestaurantVIPDined on 8/13/2014As usual the food was excellent and the service was outstanding . I find the food is very consistent and I never had a bad experience dining here. The pasta dishes, fish, meat and salads are wonderful. I have recommended the restaurant to friends and clients and they are all equally impressed.Special Features:
- MAC1VIPDined on 8/13/2014I have been here many times. The food and service is consitently good. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.