257 West 55th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nocello.net/
- Phone: 2127130224
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from 1 Nocello
One of the best Italian restaurants in New York, serving Incredible food in a romantic atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1 Nocello reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (32)romantic (29)special occasion (24)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (15)good for groups (13)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Met friends visitng from LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014Was a very nice restaurant, intimate enough to catch up with old friends.Special Features:
- Not that greatAlixDined on 10/25/2014Food was good but not outstanding. I did not have desert but my companion indicated it was the best thing that was served.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014I had made a reservation to have early dinner after a matinee. I arrived a little before my reservation time but was seated immediately. Drink order was taken right away and meal order soon after. Bread and olives were brought. Carpaccio appetizer was good but perhaps with little too much of Parmesan cheese. My entree was Osso Bucco with spinach risotto and was mouthwatering and truly fell apart from the bone. So tender a delicious. Unfortunately the generous portion did not leave room for dessert. Definitely worth a return visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a return tripOhioblue63VIPDined on 10/24/2014This nice small restaurant, with good service, serves delicious Italian food. Every time I come to New York I make a point of going to this restaurant. It's close enough to Lincoln Center to make it a good spot to eat a pre-event meal. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- goodjumabaDined on 10/23/2014Bueno, precio equilibrado, buena carta de vinos, falta cava para q este a temperatura correcta, un Pinot a temperatura ambiente no es lo lógico. En general, bienSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not enjoyQueenieLoveDined on 10/20/2014very disappointed as recommended by a New Yorker. Restaurant had only one other couple. Food was not up to my standard. Ate at Milo's night before.bNo comparison. Would not return or recommend.
- mollyDined on 10/18/2014Nocello is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is wonderful. I will return time and time again to this establishment.Special Features:
- Try the fish specialJazzyLadyDined on 10/17/2014I had a truly outstanding dinner of sea bass. Very delicate flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food outside of ItalyCalgary82Dined on 10/14/2014My husband and I are big fans of Italian food and we both agreed that our pasta dishes at Nocello were the best we've had outside of Italy! Our calamari and caprese salad appetizers were also excellent. The service was courteous and prompt. Our 5:00 reservation allowed plenty of time for an enjoyable 3 course meal followed by a nice stroll to our Broadway show at 7:00 without being rushed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely returningQwertyVIPDined on 10/9/20141 Nocello is a real find. The food is excellent, and the service charming and responsive.Special Features:
- gratOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/8/2014The owners are great. The wait staff is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foood, good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2014Four cousins went into the city and MOMA, we pick a restaurant too far away, and came up with this gem. The good, service and price were good for a Manhattan restaurant. Wondering if same owners as Northport restaurant of same name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/7/2014Went there based on location and reviews. Food was just average. All we tasted was salt as the seasoning with no depth of flavor. Would not go back again.
- ExcellentNYCFoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2014Definitely will be back here. Food was excellent, service was fantastic, and reasonable prices!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and servicePamelaDined on 9/25/2014Not only was the food excellent, but the service was top notch. The wait staff were quick and friendly and met all of our needs. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Italian!GlutenFreeDined on 9/25/2014Excellent menu and wine list. Prices were very good. I am gluten free and they were very helpful with my order. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Always WonderfulladyasVIPDined on 9/24/2014Been here numerous times. Never disappointed.. love this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Nothing to write home aboutCanuckcoupleDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I booked this restaurant as we needed to find a pre-theatre dinner in the immediate area. As our first choice was booked up, we went with Nocello. The service was generally friendly and attentive, and the food was decent if unspectacular. We were seated at a wobbly table in a back room, right in the middle of a high traffic area (fire code be damned). There was a musty, mothball smell that permeated the room. A generally older crowd, which perhaps explained the old school "don't mess with the classics" menu. So all in all it was passable fare, with quick service that got us out the door in time for the show. But I wouldn't hurry back anytime soon.
- Great Italian restaurantJoan5472Dined on 9/20/2014Found this place online as being near the theater we were going to that night. Selected it as it had great reviews and wasn't on the highest end price wise. Our 2 waiters were great, the food was delicious as was the wine that they recommended. Service was efficient as they got it to us so we had no problem getting to the theater on time. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCapePrincessVIPDined on 9/17/2014The dining room was hot, the noise level uncomfortably high, with at least two big tables making a lot of noise. I asked for a glass of Gavi; the waiter carried it, holding the bowl of the glass in his hand so I got his fingerprints for free. The wine was warm. Not a great start. The service was rushed and unprofessional, the food was adequate and the ambiance was awful. Don't go. There are many better places in New York.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/17/20141 Nocello is always good. However, I should realize not to order the Panzanella salad. It comes in a huge bowl with all tomatoes cut up and some pieces of bread and cubes of mozzarella cheese. It is so small for $9.75 you are better ordering something else.
- mollyDined on 9/14/2014As usual, Nocello did not disappoint. Delicious food, fine service and great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysTJOConnorDined on 9/12/2014I have dined here for my third time on Friday night. I always want to try something different on their menu but I went with the Vitlello Fascati again. Always delightful dinner. My wife had the swordfish with red sauce, it was awesome and a friend had the chicken Fancese which was very good. Owners are very friendly. Tiramisu was very good.Special Features:
- Delicioso!!!!!!!BestinNYDined on 9/9/2014The food and ambiance is of no comparison to any other restaurant in New York!!!! Tasteful, quiet, relaxing....THIS IS Nocello's!!!!!!BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemLarryVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is a predictably good and pleasant restaurant. As an habitué (I work nearby) I am always greeted warmly and find the offerings reliably good and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Midtown ManhattanMSNYCVIPDined on 8/25/2014Excellent food and service. Homemade pasta, or fresh fish...the menu is varied and does not disappoint.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is very lovely and the service quite attentive. The food was good but not out-of-the-ordinary. A pleasant place for before-theatre dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.SSSsaysDined on 8/22/2014This will be the third time I have been to 1 Nocello. The Italian food is always delicious, service excellent and great wine. It is not too noisy and great atmosphere. We were six sitting at a round table and it was perfect for talking.Special Features:
- Perfectionluv2dineDined on 8/20/2014As always, the food was prepared exceptionally well, service and ambience excellent - as usual. This time was extra special. We were hosting relatives from Hawaii visiting with their 6 year old son who had been touring NY all day. Because of the attentiveness and courtesy of all the Nocello staff, they forgot about the tiring part of their day(but not the great sights). They were relaxed, at ease, and enjoying the ambience and food. They called it an "oasis".Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014So happy that I found this little gem while researching a nice Italian restaurant to have dinner at after our show. The waiter was very nice and the food was excellent! It was a wonderful place to finish off a great day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 Nocello ReviewgotothisrestaurantVIPDined on 8/13/2014As usual the food was excellent and the service was outstanding . I find the food is very consistent and I never had a bad experience dining here. The pasta dishes, fish, meat and salads are wonderful. I have recommended the restaurant to friends and clients and they are all equally impressed.Special Features:
- MAC1VIPDined on 8/13/2014I have been here many times. The food and service is consitently good. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Angel, the bus person, made our visit memorable. He was funny, friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Truly Wonderful Dining ExperienceThomasDined on 8/9/2014This is a wonderful, upscale, yet old world Italian dining experience that is not fussy or "trendy." Elegant, the tables are well-appointed and the quiet atmosphere calls for a lingering evening over a superb bottle of vintage Chianti. I was treated to the lobster with fettucine on a vodka sauce. The best I have ever had. And they know how to prepare a Negroni. Just go in and ask for one. Just go and enjoy. You are within easy walking distance of Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall and the Theater District.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theatredineoutDined on 8/9/2014The food was great and it was quiet enough for us to talk.Special Features:
- Good experienceRonny2diningDined on 8/8/2014Being a regular visitor of Italy my standards and expectations are high, here they have been very well from a food perspective, service was ok yet a bit too much routine maybe. Ambience was nice. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Pre theater dinnerFranFromNJDined on 8/8/2014We found 1 Nocello years ago through a friend in NJ (also restaurant owner!) and it was highly recommended. High quality food - great menu and savory preparation. It doesn't hurt that their prices are also extremely reasonable for NYC. Wonderful for pre-theater - easy to dine there and then walk to a show. We've also gone there for birthdays. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variable quality,fantastic or so-socreative4meDined on 8/4/2014We found the food quality variable. We had two fantastic dishes, the arugula salad with perosciutto and burratta and the branzino, which was cooked absolutely perfectly and delicately seasoned. However, the gazpacho was so-so, as was the lobster and shrimp pasta special. The lobster was over-cooked and tough, although the sauce was very nice. The waiters were polite but rather abrupt, kind of plunking the dishes down in front of us and then leaving.
- Nocello surprisetwofortheroadDined on 8/2/2014We attended a show on 52nd St and concentrated our search in that area. Zagat's review was favorable. So we took a chance and were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance and outstanding quality of the food. This is definitely a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2014Very nice meal, although the waiter did his job, seemed a little annoyed. The food was delicious though.